Chapter 5

(Previously)

Goku watched Vegeta closely and when he said that Mika had cowered towards himself, the Prince of Saiyans' eyes went wide but quickly recovered and went to his normal scowl. When Raditz's name came into the mix, Vegeta scoffed and looked back at the palace.

What the boys didn't know, was that Mika was listening in the whole time, subconsciously touching her left arm with sad look on her face. One tear slipped down her face.

(Current)

Mika wiped the stray tear from her cheek and goes back to the room. She keeps rubbing her left arm subconsciously while she grabs her duffel bag and lightly sets it on the bed. As she rustles through the bag, her mind keeps floating back to when Frieza took her as a hostage. Shaking her head, the female Saiyan grabs her bathing suit and quickly changes into it. She flies to the lake and barely touches the water with her feet. Collecting her thoughts, Mika takes a deep breath and dives under.

Closing her eyes, she concentrates on her ki and starts releasing little by little. Activating Super Saiyan, she quickly runs through Super Saiyan two and three. Mika thinks about her childhood, her squad and her family, she goes straight into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. She quickly flies out of the water and looks at her reflection in the water. The female Saiyan finally accomplished her final transformation. She smiles for a half a second before frowning. Feeling another presence next to her, she glances at Whis before looking back down at her reflection. Whis frowns sadly at this.

"What's the matter, Mika? You should be proud about this. You managed the Saiyan's ultimate form without losing control of your ki."

"Have I ever explained to you as to why I learned to control my ki?" She looks at Whis with electric blue eyes as he shakes his head his answer. "I learned how to because my ki is so destructive. I almost injured the Namekians that took me in when my escape pod crashed. The Elder of Namek was so concerned of the well-being of not only of his people but me as well.

"I started meditating each day, learning to lock away portions of my ki and finally achieving that, my ki was at half power. Basically, making me as strong as Goku without training. That's why I feel so inferior to him and why I don't train with him unless it's Vegeta because then I know I can hold back and won't get scolded for it. He knows my reason."

Whis looks the female Saiyan up and down before smiling. Mika feels him disappear from beside her before she feels another presence in front of her. She looks up but doesn't get the chance to the face as she is pulled into an embrace. The female smiles softly as she grips Goku's gi and switches back to normal. Goku holds Mika close to him and tightly without accidently hurting her even though he knows he could never hurt her.

"Goku, why are you holding me like this?" Mika, without thinking, inhales his scent silently and relaxes.

"I overheard what you said to Whis. Mika..." Goku pulls back enough to be able to look at her, his hand lightly running across scarred skin. Mika freezes and tenses up. Goku blinks and furrows his eyebrows. "Mika...What's on your shoulder?"

Mika softly pushes Goku away and uses instant transmission to go back to the room. She reappears in the room and notices her childhood best friend in the room. Vegeta looks up from his bag to the female Saiyan. His face falls as he sees unshed tears in his friend's eyes. The Prince watches as she puts her gi over her bathing suit that Bulma had bought her. Mika turns towards the door but before she could leave, Vegeta had grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving.

"Mika, what's wrong?" Vegeta watched her open her mouth to give him an answer. "Don't lie to me either. I know you better to know something is wrong." He hears her sigh and watched as her sight fell to the floor.

"When Frieza had me held prisoner, he tortured me in inhumane ways. Right before I made my escape, he..." Her body shook as she held back tears. "He burned me...With a ki blast."

Mika took the top of her gi off, scarred skin from her left shoulder to her left hip. Vegeta's eyes widen. His face fell as he saw tears start to fall down his best friend's cheeks. He grabs her gently and holds her to comfort her. Now he understood as to why she acted weird when Frieza was resurrected.

Little did the two Saiyans know, Whis was standing on the other side of the door, listening to their conversation. The male frowned and sighed softly, walking away from the door.

"This is going to an issue and or a challenge for Goku."