Part 21: My So Called Best Friend

So I met my best friend when I was eleven years old. We did everything together. He helped me through so much I could write about all the good times we had but the bad ones outweigh the good.

Through high school he used me as a scape goat, he used me to stop himself getting bullied. When he got kicked out of high school the bullying just seemed worse because of I had nobody to spend time with afterwards.

After high school I decided to spend a lot of time with home over the summer holidays before college. That's when my life went to shit. He taught me how to shoplift. We used to do it on a daily basis, then one day we got caught, that's when I realised I was up to no good. I did everything he asked just because I wanted a friend but in reality I did everything he told me too because I was scared of him.

He used to go around and beat up his peers that were weaker than him to show dominance. He pummelled other kids just for been different and I stuck around doing his bidding because I didn't want to be next.

His ex went through Claire's Law and told the world he was a nonce. I didn't want to believe it, but I did. I was scared to call him out on it because I knew he'd kick the shit out of me.

The only thing I'm thankful to this guy for was getting me addicted to weed so I could drown out the sexual assault. He saved me from committing suicide on server all occasions. Without him I wouldn't be here.

He commuted armed robbery and robbed five grand off his grandma and still out of fear I acted like we were friends.

This guy ruled my life for years. I didn't know what to do.

Eventually he went to prison for missing a call from his probation worker. When he got out he moved and told me he'd grown up. So I decided to give him another chance. What a fucking dumb mistake that was...