Going Home

Iylla's POV

I sat off in the corner of the Lobby of Endeavor's agency, stalking the receptionist desk. I held a magazine over my face, pretending like I was just some random person reading some random magazine waiting around for a random reason. Clark was sitting at his desk, typing into his computer, occasionally accepting phone calls. 

It was the morning of my last day at Endeavor's agency, and I still hadn't figured out Clark's quirk like he challenged me to do. I had a couple of guesses, but nothing concrete or even close to it. If I didn't figure out his quirk by the end of the day, I would lose out on a promised reward of five hundred dollars... plus he would win, and I couldn't let that happen. 

Sho: On my way up.

Me: Great. Mission 'rat out the old man' is a go.

Sho: You're so weird.

In a final mad dash to figure out Clark's quirk, I enlisted Shoto's help, though he wasn't very enthusiastic about it. I only convinced him to do it because it was a rather simple plan. All he had to do was go up to Endeavor's floor, where Clark had magically appeared on our first day here. Once Shoto was up there, Clark, using his quirk, would go find out what he wanted. That would give me the chance to see Cark in action.

Sho: Update. The elevator doors are opening.

Me: It's go time.

Sho: Stop being weird.

I peered over the magazine, anxiously waiting for something to happen. Clark's fingers pattered across his keyboard as if he had nothing better to do. The mission target did nothing but his regular job duties, even taking the time to help an elderly lady to her seat. Minutes went by; without Clark ever making a single suspicious move. 

Sho: So how'd it go?

Me: What do you mean? Did you do it?

Sho: Yeah, he was just up here.

Me: What?!?! He didn't even leave his desk!

Sho: I was talking to him just a second ago.

Me: Ugh, mission failure.

"I don't suppose you're waiting for something, are you, Shorty?"

I dropped my phone in surprise as a smug voice came from behind me. I whirled around; Clark's entire set of features waiting there, mocking me. Quickly, I looked back to the desk where Clark was waving at me. 

"How did you do that?" I asked, turning back around, but Clark was gone. 

Walking up to the Clark at the receptionist desk, I asked again. "How did you do that?"

"Are you officially giving up?"

I hopped onto his desk, sitting crisscross. "Definitely not."

"Then how can I answer that without spoilers, huh?" He continued to work, not paying me much attention. "Now, get off my desk, please."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, since you said please." 

I tossed my legs off the side and threw myself into the chair next to him. Leaning back in the seat, I used the desk as a footrest.

"One problem solved, yet here comes another," Clark grumbled about my choice of sitting position but didn't actually try to tell me to knock it off or to leave.

I stared at his profile, confused by the person I saw. This was a person who argued and fought with me all week long, but when it mattered, he saved my life. Clark stood up to Endeavor, telling him that he was wrong, but clearly relished in the fact that Endeavor validated his worth. Clark had been working at Endeavor's agency for two years and was well-liked among his coworkers, yet no one knew what his quirk was