i give up.

Ida's POV

"Ah, I see," I commented attentively, but my mind was elsewhere. "You're working on floating your own body."

"Yeah!" Uraraka pronounced cheerfully, flexing her arm. "If I increase my mobility, I can employ the combat training I learned during my internship with even more skill. I probably won't ever be as good as you, Iylla, but I can try my best, can't I?" She said in an effort to include Iylla in the conversation.

As we walked down the hallway (in our hero costumes), Iylla gazed out the window. She clearly wasn't paying any attention to us, and that, was what was currently occupying my mind. Iylla planned on dropping out of UA, and I couldn't stop her. I wondered if that was what she was thinking about right now.

"Ookay, this happens every time I try to talk to her," Uraraka complained, her head dropping in response. "Why am I such a hateable person?"

"She doesn't hate you, Uraraka," I felt guilty for it, but I couldn't help but laugh at my classmate's plight. "Iylla has a lot on her mind right now, that's all."

"That sounds heavy. Anything I can do to help?"

"No, that's okay. Thank you for the offer, though. Once Iylla comes out of her head, I'll let her know to apologize for ignoring you."

"Oh, no, that's okay. I'm used to it by now." She waved her arms around frantically, her rosy cheeks turning even pinker. How often has Iylla ignored people she didn't know were talking to her?  "So, what are you planning on doing?"

Uraraka asked, reminding me of the assignment Mr. Aizawa gave us this morning. Mr. Aizawa requested us to think up Ultimate Moves and redesign our costumes if the ability we created required it. Right now, the three of us were on our way to the support studio to make the changes we needed.

"It's relatively simple, honestly; all I want to reduce Recipro's drawbacks. I'm planning on asking the development team to improve my radiator."

As we approached the support studio, we noticed Midoriya standing in front of the door.

"Deku!" Uraraka called out, running down the hall.

"No running in the hallway!" I yelled after her but went virtually ignored.

What's the point in being Class Representative if no one listens?

Then an explosion rocked the building, blasting down the doors of the support studio. Smoke emanated from the room, knocking Midoirya to the ground.

Taken by surprise, Uraraka and I shouted. Iylla, on the other hand, was another story. Iylla gripped my arm, wide eyes frozen wide in horror.

Uraraka ran to check on Midoriya, but I stayed with Iylla.

"Hey, are you okay?" I caressed her cheek, trying to pull her attention to me. "It was just a small explosion; I'm sure it's nothing to worry about."

Hyperventilating, she calmed her breathing. Iylla slowly released her death grip on me, coming back to herself.

"Sorry," She panted. "I thought- I don't know what I thought. I just kind of had flashbacks to the Leauge, I guess."

"Mm, I understand; you don't have to apologize." I admired the way she filled out her hero costume. 

A shame. I thought. The world would lose its greatest hero before it ever saw her. 

"Wait?" She mused, pointing in the direction of the explosion. "Was that Midoriya that got blasted?"

"Oh! Right!" Class Representative me kicked in, driving me into a jog toward the ebbing smoke. 

Certainly, jogging in a hallway during stressful situations is permissible, right?