5. Heat of The Moment

(Cindy POV)

   I had a great weekend. I couldn’t wait to get back to school to see Mike! I dressed my best with makeup, I kept it natural as before just a bit more. I handed out the news papers and waved as usual. I couldn’t stop smiling as I walked out of the room and headed back to the library. I entered smiling like an idiot.

“Well you seem to be happy for it to be Monday.” Mrs. Lane said walking by.

“Yeah.”

“A boy?” I just looked at her and she smiled.

“Well I’m glad you found someone who makes you happy just don’t forget your goals.” She said raising an eyebrow.

“I know.” I smiled she always looked out for me.

“Now there’s a class coming in do you mind helping me turn these computers on.” I nodded and helped. The class started coming in and I noticed the books being returned piling on the counter. I quickly went over at sat checking them all back in. Students were scattered out through the library searching as I put books up. When I finished I sat back down. I was filling out a paper when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up. Oh great, Tiffany. I smiled.

“Can I help you?” Hopefully she doesn’t know me.

“Yeah I just need to check this book out.” I nodded and took it scanning it. “So I saw you walking out with Mike Friday.” Oh great.

“Oh.. yeah.”

“So are you guys dating?”

“No, we’re just friends.” I looked to her and she smiled.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought since you’re not his type and all.” What the hell does that mean?

“I’m sorry?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Oh not in a bad way just.. You’re so innocent and non wild… which is a good thing just y’know Mikes into the unpredictable crazy outgoing types.”

“oh.” I nodded. I stamped her book.

“Now I’ve offended you I’m sorry.. I just know Mikes into fast pace girls and you’re like the opposite… You’re totally out of his league.” I smiled up to her. Of course it was fake.

“I know what you mean, and I’m not offended.” I handed the book back.

“Oh good.” She said grabbing it.

“It’s due on the 24th.” She nodded.

“Thanks, nice talking to you.”

“You too.” I lied. She’s clearly jealous. I nodded to her and she stepped back with her class. I checked everyone else’s books out and they left. Well this has been a crazy morning. As I went to my other classes I thought about what Tiffany said. I can be wild or spontaneous! I’m perfect for Mike. She’s just jealous that he actually likes me. I was in my last period when I decided to take a break from math to go to the bathroom. I wasn’t focusing and needed a walk. As I entered the hall I saw Mike walking just a few rooms down. I thought for a moment. Now’s my chance. I ran and grabbed him.

“Oh hey Cindy!” He smiled real big and I pulled him into the supply closet. I heard him giggle as I shut the door. “What are you doing?” He laughed. I flicked the light on and turned smiling.

“I don’t really know. It just felt like the right thing to do.” I giggled. He smiled.

“We’ll I’m glad you did it.” He stepped closer. “I really missed you this weekend. I couldn’t stop thinking about our walk to your house.” I smiled and he put his hands on my hips.