9. The Mad, Sad, and Confused

(Mike POV)

Ugh why is this happening to me? Cindy looked at me and scrunched her eyebrows. Billie broke out in a laughter causing Cindy to smile.

“I’m just messing with you!” he said. I took a deep breath and relaxed my racing heart. “Let me guess, her dad has gorgeous thick black hair and the most beautiful green eyes?” He smiled raising an eyebrow he threw his arms back lacing his fingers behind his head.

“Hahaha no. Why black hair and green eyes?” She chuckled playing along. It was making me smile.

“just.. I know what women want in a man..”

“Oh really?” He nodded smiling. I tried not to burst out laughing. “Then why are you single? If you’re what women want in a man?” she smiled and crossed her arms glancing at me every now and then. I looked to Billie.

“She has a point.” I said smiling. His face went blank.

“Um.. well… it’s just because I have SO many women after me, that I can’t pick just one! Jeez.” I laughed and Cindy joined me.

“Yeah like that nurse at the nurse station?” Tre snickered from the side.

“Hey! I told you! She’s taken! She couldn’t handle all this hotness anyway…” He pulling at his jacket sleeve. Cindy chuckled. It was too cute. “SOOOO! Cindy,” She looked at him with a questioned look. “Where you been dude? Like where’d you go and why didn’t you tell me you were leaving?!” I’d like to the answers to these questions.

“Well I uh went with my dad to Texas, and I didn’t think you liked me enough to tell you bye.”

“What!? Look, I hated a lot of bitches,” Cindy gestured to Makaylah reminding him she was in the room. “Sorry, people but I could actually tolerate you! You didn’t even tell Mike here bye. What up with that.” I looked at him then her. I was a bit saddened and I seen the humor fade in her face. She took a breath and looked to her shoes. “look I’m not mad or jumping on you about it. I still think you’re awesome and that doctor’s coat is a turn on,” she smiled at bit. “But we’re all adults, and I wont be mad about whatever the reason is.”

“Well Mike knows why.” I felt my blood pressure rise and my cheeks heat up as I was clueless. She looked up at me a bit sad. Billie jerked his head to me. I looked at him then her.

“Um… because you’re dads job?” I asked raising an eyebrow. She nodded.

“But that’s not why I got so mad at you.” She said softly.

“You were mad at me?” I asked raising an eyebrow. Billie hit me arm. “Ow!”

“What did you do?!”

“I don’t know!” I looked at him then her.

 “Really? Mike?” I nodded even more confused. “Wow!” She said a bit upset. “you know I figured that maybe just maybe one day you’d be able to face me about it but….” She shook her head flustered. “I don’t wanna talk about it anymore.”

“I honestly..” I started shaking my head.

“No. it’s fine.” She started messing with a few of my chords that led to the machines.

(CindyPOV)

That really makes my blood boil. I have to many other things to worry about than some high school fling. I checked everything needed so that I wouldn’t have to come back in for a while. I could tell Billie could feel the awkward tension in the room. He just sat quietly and moved as I leaned by him. Tre and Makaylah were still talking about that stupid rubiks cube.