15. Blood & Tears

** Yay, today is Mike Dirnt's Birthday!!! **

_________________________________________________________

(Cindy)

  I got to him and fell to my knees hugging him. “Baby are you ok? What happened?” I started to slightly cry.

“I was taking Makaylah to school and I don’t know…”

“Oh my god Makaylah!” I stood and turned to Brandy. “Where is she? Is she here?” She looked a bit upset. I started looking around. “Which room?!”

“Cindy I need you to calm down, she was taking further back. It was very serious. Dr. Mathews took her.”

“I should be caring for her!” I started to the back.

“You can’t be her doctor! Hospital rule.” Hospital rule was if a Doctor’s immediate family was rushed into the ICU, another Doctor had to care for them, because the first doctor would be possibly in too much shock to keep focus.

“Don’t tell me what the hell I can and can’t do! That’s my daughter!” Steven ran to me. I led him to the back. Brandy got in front of me and led the way. She stopped at a door.

“We can’t go in just yet, they’re in surgery.” I peeked in through the glass. My stomach churned when I saw my baby lying on the table covered in blood. Her clothes were shredded to the side covered in blood. I took a breath in.

“Nooooo! My baby!” I screamed out just before collapsing. Brandy and Steven caught me. I squeezed them and cried hysterically. “Is she g-g-gonna be ok?” I managed to say after calming a bit.

“I don’t know. I really hope so. Brandy said looking in. A few minutes passed and I calmed down but was still crying. I could see her heart rate on the monitor was faint but still pumping. The doctor was making some stitches. He caught me staring in and then he looked to his nurse. I didn’t know what he was saying through his mask but he gestured his head my way and the nurse nodded. She took her gloves off and removed her mask as she stepped to the door. I sniffled and stood straight as she opened the door.

“Dr. Lovelace, When the car was hit by the other, a piece of metal stabbed into Makaylahs side.” I covered my mouth and cried. “It hit a major artery, so she lost a lot of blood. Dr. Mathews was able safely remove the object and stitch her up, but from where she’s lost a lot of blood She needs one of you to donate.” I nodded.

“I’m A positive, so she can’t receive from me. She didn’t take after me. She has B negative.” The nurse looked to Steven.

“You’re the father then, I have to use you. I have to test it first just to be sure it’s clean.”

“I’m clean.” He said.

“Hospital protocol.” She said. He nodded and she went back in. She came back out and pricked his finger. She stepped back in and I watched as she tested it. After a minute she walked back with a confused look. I wish they would just hurry. We can’t waist anymore time. Makaylahs heart rate is slowing down by the minute! She’s holding on by a thread. Tears kept falling from my eyes.

“It’s ok babe. I’ll give her blood and she’ll be fine.” He said before kissing my head. I nodded. The nurse stepped out. She looked to me and Steven.

“Um.. I’m sorry, but are you her real father?” I scrunched my eyes.

“Of course he is!”

“It doesn’t match.” She said a bit low. I was starting to get mad.

“Do it again!” She nodded, and pricked another finger. She stepped back in. I tapped my foot impatiently. She returned.