old soul

"Sure, come on,"

"Thank you, Erwin," you replied as you entered to which he led you to his couch.

You sat down as he soon followed after to sit on the couch across from you.

"How can I be of assistance?" He asked.

"It's about Eren-"

"Oh god. Let me get my medicine for this," he protested as he made the gesture to stand up.

"No no, it's nothing like he got arrested or anything. He just has these pills that he's supposed to take to help him sleep but he refuses and I know it has something to with what happened to his mother but I'm not sure how-"

"Slow down. My ears aren't as good as they used to be, now what about his mother and pills?" He asked as he crossed his leg.

"The pills, they're to treat insomnia and something to do with PTSD nightmares. He refuses to take them but the effects insomnia has on your body are all fatal so-"

"You're worried about him," he blurted.

"Well, yeah?! He's too stubborn for his own good," you groaned.

"He is. Have you tried asking him about what happened to his mother? Maybe you'll see things from his perspective," he suggested.

"I assumed he wouldn't tell me,"

"You should never assume when it comes to him. You'll be surprised how much he's willing to cooperate despite his stubbornness," Erwin informed.

"Thank you, Erwin. Really, tell Levi I said hello!" You muttered as you stood up.

"I will. Good luck with your boyfriend's troubles..." he joked as he took a sip from his tea.

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Yeah, yet," he replied back in a joking manner as you exited through the front door.

You rolled your eyes playfully as you closed the door. You walked back to your car and drove to Eren's house. You took the initiative that Erwin told you to use and before evening knocking on the front door Carlos opened it for you.

"He's upstairs," he informed.

You nodded and walked up the steps to the cracked bedroom door. You saw him sitting on the bed with his tattoos exposed on his bare back as he was staring out his balcony glass doors from the bed.

"Eren?" Your voice interrupted with a soft tone to it.

He looked back and sighed as you approached.

"I don't want to argue," he blurted calmly.

"I don't either. That's why I want you to tell me the full story-"

"With my mother?" He asked as you sat down next to him.

"Yes,"

You both paused for a moment in silence before he started talking again.

"The night she was killed, my father was just told that they were investigating him for illegally trafficking artifacts. He was drinking and driving and my mother was on her way to pick me up from a friend's house. He crashed into her drunkenly on the highway and killed her," he informed as he avoided eye contact.