VII. discoveries

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

"JJ, I'm serious he said he was calling it off" He kicked up his feet on the dashboard and with a hand dangling out the window. "Yea well your brother says a lot of things"

I frowned, nibbling on my bottom lip. "maybe it's for the best we stop looking in too it. DCS is already on our asses, if we fuck up, shit can go bad for me and John B." Ever since Dad went missing foster care has been hovering over me and John Bs heads. from avoiding cops to dodging there calls and this morning Sherrif peterkin showed up and warned us to stop searching and maybe she was right.

"Hey, hey stop that" JJ grumbled slapping my hand. I winced turning slowly to look at him. "Um... Ow!"

"sorry. It's just— stop talking like that. listen I promise you dcs isn't going to take you. You gotta stop worrying." I listened to him as I parked in front of the chantue.

"Thanks JJ, but you can't make that decision. If they take me—"

"Stop," He cut me off."—You and John B are going to be fine." He assured grabbing onto my hands. I was taken back by his gesture starring down at our hands together then up to his eyes, his expression told me he didn't know why he did that either.

"Final-fucking-lee" I jumped back getting startled by John Bs voice. "help me with the food." He hollered over to us, I shook the feeling off and followed him to the back seat

JJ walked in front of me kicking the door open with his foot. "M'lady" his lips turned into a big grin. "Foods here!" I announced walking in with my hands filled, and instead of the two teenagers helping me they all scrabbled up from the couch running over to me.

"Food!" Pope exclaimed eagerly grabbed a piece. I send them both a dirty look, "wait, till I put it down!" I grumbled, both of them looked at me with a frown and took a step back.

"Sorry, Andie."

"We're sorry"

I don't know when I became the mother of this friend group, I wasn't the most leveled headed of them but somehow it just happened.

"Why are you so smiley?" Kiara asked the boy behind me, I looked behind me remembering what happened before we got here. "Your still laughing?"

"Can't I smile just because I feel like it?"

John B laughed, "what happened?"

"While we were driving here JJ flung his roach out of the car window and it hit Rafe on the other side of the street, and he started spazzing"  I explain with a smile.

"It was hilarious" the blonde says passing me a plate, I took it and grabbed a slice and walked out to the living room.

"more importantly. What are we gonna do about the whole Sherif peterkin situation?" Ki asks plopping down on the couch.

I shrugged my shoulders glancing towards my brother who seemed as uncertain as I was. "Peterkin said if we stay out of the Marsh she could help us with the Dcs" JB explains to our friends.

"and you believed her" JJ scoffed arising to his feet. "Yeah JJ I did" JJs starred at my brother as if he lost his head.

"An actual cop John B?" He asked, "wow" He whispered in disbelief.