XXXV

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

This morning i had to tell the girls Goodbye to catch a shift at the wreck. I decided to clock in because Mr. C was starting to threaten to fire me and I wasn't in any financial position to lose my job, the bike ride there gave me time to think, which isn't always helpful.

I thought of Bee and this Gold and all the best case scenarios... and then I thought of everything that could go wrong and things that had gone wrong in the past because let's be real me and John B don't really have a great tract history with Good luck and the past several days have been so great that it's worrying me that the universe might surprise us with something else. 

God, I hate overthinking.

I skirted my bike into the lawn, swiping the sweat from my hair, "Hey guys," I heaved out of breath parking my bike on the chantue.

"Oh, Hey" Kiara greets, she dangled from a a big ass bucket in our tree and Pope was holding the other end of the rope.

"Hey! We're testing out to see if the bucket would hold all the gold." I hear him say, I nod with an amused smile and JJ pops up from behind me. "Hey!"

I smile looking over my shoulder, "hey." I say softly, Pope and Kie glance between each other knowingly, then look at us. "Can y'all be relashionshippy somewhere else," she cringes.

"You told her!" Jay asks wide eyed. "Man you told me the day it happened." Pope speaks up.

I let out a breathy laugh. "I can't believe you!"

"We'll I needed to tell someone!" He smiled cheekily. I shake my head, "so everyone knows besides B, great."

Pope looks at me. "I won't tell him. Andie, I'm happy for you."

I smile a genuine smile,  at my best friend. "Thank you P."

"he is gonna kill JJ when he finds out though."

"Oh yeah."

The blondie rolls his eyes, "Okay guys."

I chuckle, "Speaking of the devil where is he?" I ask. Pope shakes his head and let's Kiara down. "hadn't seen him since yesterday."

"John B pulling a Houdini?" JJ speaks up from beside me, I nod slightly confused. "He texted me this morning saying ward was taking him on a fishing trip, " I informed scrolling through our messages. "He hasn't replied since" I murmur. 

JJ messages my tense shoulders, "Hey he's probably just taking long." He assures with a tight smile. Coincidently my brother walk past us from the opposite direction, luckily he didn't even notice his best friends hands on my shoulders.

  "where you been man?" JJ calls, i nod my head and wait for a response but are set back when he stalks straight passed us. "John B?" I question as he storms into the house.