IX. Message from the grave.

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

I was current getting yelled at by John B for being late, "I'm coming. give me a minute!" I shout back. I pulled my dark mahogany colored hair into a claw clip, but I wasn't leaving my room without my crystal necklaces. I tossed them over my head and gave myself one one look over in my long mirror. My hair was perectly pulled up and i wore a yellow crop top that was lacy st the bottom and tied around my neck, another thing I borrowed from Kiara. when you and  your best friend are the same size your clothes ends up in there closest, vise versa. I also had lightwashed Jean shorts that were rolled up by my thighs, and i accessorized with brown tinted sunglasses and my tote bag.

when I was pleased with my look I walked out the door, following the voices into the kitchen.

"finally," JJ dramatically said. I glare at him,  "you two are the most impatient people I've ever met."

"Jokes on you, I don't know what Impatient means." JJ replies, i roll my eyes at the dumb blonde and pick an apple from our fruit basket.

"Why do you smell like coconut?" John B asks abruptly. I wouldn't of worried about it if that wasn't my signature smell, everything I used was coconut scent, my perfume, lotion even my shampoo.

"Oh, that's because I let him borrow my hair oil" I excused, John B frowned. "Your hair oil?"

"yea bro, don't you see the difference?" JJ went along running his hand through his hair, my cheeks got red as I held down my lips from bursting out in a fit of laughter.

"Yeah. I told him it looked more— blonde" I added, still trying to keep my humor contained. "But uh, we should get going," I said pushing them out the door before John B could ask any more suspicious questions.

In the van I popped my head in between the two seats earning a dirty look from JJ. "Listen. I wouldn't have to be in the middle if you just let me sit in the front!" I said through gritted teeth.

He lifted his hand plucking my forehead. "Did you just pluck me?" I looked at him in disbelief rubbing were his finger hit me.

"Matter of fact, I did." he said childishly.

"Such big words for such a small brain," I remarked.

"Spell brain."

I gave him a stupid look and began to spell brain, "B R A—"

"—Guys! Stay focused." John B reprimanded making us both go quiet. John B adjusted his hand on the wheel. "You really think Lana knows anything?"

"it's worth a shot" I said. "We can't know for sure until we rule her out."

John B glanced at me from the rear view mirror and nods. A few minutes later we're sitting in front of there house, her plants we're wilting away and her porch look like it hadn't been kept catered to in ages. something was definitively fishy about this whole situation. How was a man that couldn't even take care of his own home holding wads of money and owning a Grady white? Something wasn't adding up.