XLVI

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

A blaring alarm rang in my ears making me want to actually cry i let out a groan and flip around in the bed i was in.

The bed... i was in... holy Shit who's bed am I in?

My eyes snaps open and I take in my surroundings, the bland wallpaper that rose forced him to put up and the posters on the wall was starting to clear up my brain fog and I slowly regained some of the memories of last night. I could barely remember anything except for the main things, like rafe and getting here but there was no signs of the boy in the room.

Drunk me is so stupid, i think, I rubbed the crust out of my eyes but stopped to stare when I hear the wooden door in the corner of the room creak open. the man himself walks inside with dripping wet hair and a white towel tucked loosely below his torso and walks over to his phone and clicks off the alarm. he hadn't noticed I was awake not until he looked in the mirror and saw me starring back in the reflection.

he turns to face me. "Did I wake you up?"

"—yeah kinda but it's okay." I got up slowly looking around. "Hey you should relax you drank a lot last night." He informed me, I shake my head. "I have to go. I can't be here. " I tell him darting my eyes around, I stand to my feet but suddenly my head started to throb and my vision blurred away.

Next thing I know rafe is in front of me holding me up by the arms. "Woah, carful." He says settling me back down on the bed.

"I think your suffering from a horrible hangover." he tries to joke.

I looked up over my eyelashes with an unamused look. "forgot you weren't a morning person." He mumbled under his breath.

"oh my God." I whisper. " why did anyone let me drink" he grabs a water bottle and hands it too me with a mysterious small white pill. I arch my eyebrow at him and he clicks his teeth, "do you think I'm going to poisen you."  He sassed.

"I wouldn't put it past you."

"It's Tylenol."  He deadpanned.

He could have been easily lying but I was taking the chance because this head ache wasn't going away on its own. I swollow it down quickly and take another glance at the brunette in front of me. "So.. I remember a little but can you fill me in?"

"You were five seconds from skinny dipping with half the football team and I didn't want you to get hurt so I brought you in here but don't worry I slept on the floor. " he disclosed.

i glance to the side seeing the blankets and pillows stacked on each other, why was he being so nice Isnt he's so supposed to be an asshole while I was thinking he must of went and changed because he came back out in a tight T-shirt and jeans.

My curiosity got the best of me and I ask,  "Why'd you help me?" he doesn't speak right away.

"I couldn't watch you get taken advantage of."

"But you didn't call anyone?" I cursed myself for being a curious person, shut up and leave! Half my brain told me but the other wanted to stay and see what his answer was. It dawned on me that it was probably a bad time to ask that question but it was too late because it was already lingering in the air adding to the thick tension.

He looks down to his hands and shifts between his two feet, "I was going to call JJ but then you told me you two broke up so I didn't think you wanted to see him and I'm not your other friends favorite person" He explains.

I nod my head and slowly start to recall memory of the conversation. "Well you keeping punching the boy I love and, Pope and Kie just doesn't like you." I respond bluntly.

I keep my eyes locked on my lap, the silent tension was deafening and all I wanted to do was run out and pretend last night never happened but some of me was curious to what he was going to say.

He clears his throat and finally speaks up. "I owe you a lot Andie. I know that now and I just want you to know that what I felt for you wasn't a lie."

Something weird thickens in my throat and I can't seem to get the words out.  "You hurt me Rafe, I loved you and—" I stop to breath and he stares at the side of my face and suddenly I feel clarity, like this sudden change in the way I felt about him. I took a second to father my thoughts and wait for the rock in my throat to pass until I speak.

"I forgive you but not for you for me. Somehow I need to move on from my past and holding onto this anger is only making me worse."

My brother once told me there's nothing more dangerous then a angry women and although he was saying that because he stole my MnM and I had beat him with a pillow the statement still stood true.

he takes a second to think and I see him take in every word of it. "Thank you Andie." He replies with compassion.

"...And I should add we can't be friends."

This seems to bother him more then what I just said, "Why not?"

I stare off into the distance finding something to focus on. The harsh truth was Rafe didn't consume my thoughts anymore he wasn't who I made fake scenarios in my head with when I'm about to go to sleep or who I thought with a wide eyed wonder— he's not who I imagined myself with in the future and I know I once did, that I once loved him. but he fell in-love with old Andie.

"You remember the question you asked me the other day on the bridge, if you hadn't hurt me would we still be together?"

He hums and I glance over to watch his expression. "it's always been JJ." Those four words fell out of my mouth and settled in the air with stillness.  I knew it hurt him but it was the most honest I've been in awhile.

"That means I probably shouldn't say what I was thinking last night huh." He chuckles, I turn to his softly shaking his head. "I'm in love with JJ and I plan on making it better with him"  JJ wasn't my backup plan—or a boy that was at the right place at the right time, JJs always been my person.

"Right. I get it." He murmurs, i swallow and reach for my phone and realize it was half past noon. "Okay I really have to go." I announce. He watched me slip on my shoes and and I made it too the door but his voice stops me.

"Hey Andie, Promise me something?" He calls,"Promise me. You won't give up on JJ."

I nod my head more sure of anything in the world.  "I promise."
         —-