XL

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━"I'm not letting you go in there by yourself

"I'm not letting you go in there by yourself. I'm coming." I inform, crossing my arms with a determined expression written on my face.

He holds a hard glaze with me, "I don't want you in there with him. I'll only take a second." He tried to reassure but not even JJ could mask the doubt in his voice. I was going to argue the matter but before I could he was already out the car and stalking towards the house.

I let out a annoyed grunt and slouched myself back into the seat. "You ever think about the old times?" Kie breaks the silence that had been crowding the car as we waited anxiously for him to come out. Her voice came from the backseat prompting me to turn around, arching my eyebrow wondering as too why she was asking about it.

"All the time." I answered honestly.

"The summer days where JJ you and I snuck off from the group and cliff jumped off the tallest cliff in OB"

A light chuckle erupts from my chest as I reminisce. "How can I forgot? my dad grounded me for days after he found out."

"And John B almost threw JJ off the cliff for letting us do it." Kie comments, giggling to herself.

"Yeah yeah he did."

I click the tip of my tongue to the roof of my mouth,  laying back in my chair. "Those were the days." If we were both being honest id do anything just to relieve those times again, to feel the same nestolgia and knowing it was just the beginning. Even the day we found the sunken boat, i couldn't imagine if we never wondered upon it... or it we didn't go fishing that day. We would of never found the merchant.

The silence fell back and glance back towards Casa JJ. "What's taking so long?" I mumble, "I'm starting to get worried," I twist uncomfortable in my seat.

That was until the door creaked open and JJ stammered out the house, his face was blank prompting me to wonder if he actually got it. "So...how'd it go?"

he doesn't say anything, he held up his hand and flashed the keys to the phantom. "Get in playboy we've got a boat to ride." I grin, he tossed the key through the window and I catch it, while Kiara puts the car in reverse and heads in the direction of the warehouse.

JJs worried expression wasn't helping my anxiety levels, he was fidgeting with the key, starring blank faced in front of me like he was in deep thought. "You got this JJ." I said convincingly, JJ nods looking less stuck up. "I've got this." He repeats.

Sirens speed down the road so fast by a blink of an eye and a flash the loud sound was all gone. "It's a good sign there still looking." Kiara said darting her eyes beteeen JJ and I.

I nod along. "At least we know he's not caught." Kiara drove the rest of the way to Luke Maybanks warehouse, I had a lump in my throat the moment we parked, something seemed to easy about this, maybe it was because I was used to things going to shit but something about this didn't feel right. I was anxiously bumping my knee and a hand stopped me, "You alright?"