XXXIX

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━ I was sitting in a cold investigation room waiting patiently for someone to come in

I was sitting in a cold investigation room waiting patiently for someone to come in. I knew they were trying to wait me out to see if I was gonna spill where my brother was but little did they know getting arrested was a part of my plan. I plucked at the handcuffs on my wrist painfully bored in this dimly lit room, I could have easily gotten out of these cuffs without a second thought, the only reason I was sitting here this long was to give John B enough time to get shit figured out.

I flinch when I hear the door slam shut making me turn my head to see a man I wasn't familiar with. he was tall, and his hair was brown and professionally slicked back he walked confidently inside and sat down right in front of me. He didn't speak but stood there trying to intimidate me with his glaze.

"Andrea Rutledge, is it?"

I nod with a blank expression. he slaps a washed-out yellow folder on the table with a small smile on his lips. "You and your brother seem to be a popular name around here."

I don't say anything just lift my arm in a shrug motion. He opens the folder and reads off the first file, "Trespassing, Stealing, illegal driving," he asks. "And now... Murder."

"He didn't murder anybody," I grumble, Mr. Know it all raises his eyebrow at me. "She speaks." The man nods. "Good to know."

"I don't want to have to threaten to throw you in jail so if you can tell me where your brother is that one does us both a big favor."

"I told you, he didn't do it." I spit, and officer Dan purses his lips. "Okay... So who did?"

"What?"

"John B didn't kill sherrif peterkin so who did?" He repeats his questions.

"Rafe Cameron."

His eyebrows lift in surprise, "and why would rafe Cameron shoot sherrif Peterkin."

"Because he's a sociopath and his father killed my dad," I answer. He shakes his head, "listen, if you not gonna tell me the truth then we're wasting both of our times."

"I'm telling you the truth, okay! I'm serious."  I shout frustratedly. "I was there. We were on the tarmac, Ward and my brother were arguing and then sheriff preterkin showed up to arrest Ward for the killing of my dad."

"Big John?" I hum a yes and continue. "Then out of nowhere, Rafe shoots Peterkin in her chest," I explained passionately.

"I just don't believe you," he said. My mouth opens and I exhale in disbelief.

He opens up the folder once again, skipping through it, I was ignoring his glances between each paper. "Punched a girl in ninth grade for calling your brother a.."