XIV, family.

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

The air smelt of of dirty kooks and liars made my face scrunch up in disgust. "Keep a look out we're behind enemy lines." I said half joking, and slam open the van door. I stood outside of JJS window watching JJ cock the gun he stole.  "you're not serious?" I looked at him in disbelief."what? can't be too safe" he replies.

"I don't think bringing a gun to a five star hotel will go unnoticed" I retorted pulling the loaded gun out of JJ's sticky hands and throwing it in the back seat.

"Thank you." John B praised. "I was about to throw that damn thing in the ocean" Kie mumbled.

John B walked up to me slinging him arm around my neck, "So you alright. after yesterday?" He asked me referring to us finding out our dad could really be dead. John B were never feelings type of siblings, it was hard for us to ever explain how we felt, our mother left at a young age and our dad was always pretty closed off. "Our dads alive JB. I know it. I won't stop looking until we find him." I say. "Together." He states, I had no doubt that he was gonna agreeing with me. We walked inside chatting as we went JJ seemed comfortable here. he was cheerful and radiant and playfully bantering with most of the staff. "Mama L Good to see you" JJ winked picking a piece of cheese off her plater.

She slapped his hand away. "Ey! No JJ!" She hollered in her thick Spanish accent,

"what are we doing here?" Kiara asked quietly. he glanced back. "Just wait." He said leading us past the hotel lobby and creeping into a computer room.

"See, they have the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat. "Sweet lord the internet!" Pope exclaimed running into the room.

"Let me get in there! gotta check on my insta models" JJ beamed. "JJ, We don't have time for that"

"There's always time for Models" he muttered. I rolled my eyes at his comment looking around the room, it was filled with historical books and expensive computers, we were definitely not supposed to be in here. 

"I got the map." JB informed zipping his backpack open and pulling out the yellow paper. Pope typed on the keys of the computer. "35, 57' 30 North. 75, 52' 18 West" he read out loud.

We all hovered over Popes shoulder, breathing down his neck. "Boom. continental shelf right there." John B pointed to it on the screen.

"Is it doable?" I wondered.

"Yea totally doable" JJ answered. "Well will we be taking your personal submarine?"

"How do you know this dive master?"

"The salvage yard." He began, "they got a drone that can drop 1,000. It has a 360 camera and everything. It's for, like deep dives and stuff. It has everything we need"

"can your dad get his grimy little hands on that?" John B asked. I pulled a face at the mention of JJs dad, I hated that dude.

"We'll my dads grimy ass little hands got his ass fired. I guess the salvage captains frowns on showing up Shit faced But the drones there. It's in the impound yard out back." JJ explained with crossed arms. I looked to JJ when he was talking about his dad his expression didn't seem sad but that didn't stop being from feeling bad for him. JJ never tells me about his feels and those rare times he does its usually about his dad.

"You keep staring your eyes are gonna fall out" JJ whispered to me. for a second I was confused until I broke out into a small laugh. "I was not starring."

"Really because it looked—"

"—We should go" I interpreted him ripping the map out of his hands. I turned around swiftly waiting for everyone to follow. "Chop chop! Let's go people!" I ordered, after a minute I could hear everyone scrambling up from there chairs.