Chapter 28: Round Two Time

After ringing the doorbell, I waited patiently for someone to answer. Eventually, a woman with navy blue hair opened the door.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. Are you Ms. Shiota by any chance?" I asked politely.

"Yes, I am," she confirmed.

"Fantastic. I'm Shiniko Kuroshira from Kunugigaoka and I'm here to deliver your child's report," I informed and handed her the envelope.

"Well this is new, thank you very much," Ms. Shiota took the envelope and noticed my arm band. "By the way, why does your armband have three red stripes instead of two?"

"Not to boast or anything, but I'm actually the school's top student..." my voice went a little quiet at the end and I laughed awkwardly.

"My, that's a huge achievement, I bet you have big dreams for the future," Ms. Shiota complimented.

"I sure do," I lied and smiled, making it more convincing. "Well I best be going now, it was nice meeting you."

"The pleasure's all mine," Ms. Shiota smiled and gently closed the door.

There's something... off, about her...

At the moment, I was going door to door to all the students who attended Kunugigaoka Junior High with their report cards as requested by Uncle Asano.

Shortly after class began, I got called into the office early in the morning. I went down to the main campus and headed straight for the principal's office. 

My heart pounded harder against my chest the closer I got.

What if he knows... Did Karasuma rat me out?... There's no way he would though...

I knocked on the door and went in when I heard a faint, "come in". The doors closed behind me as I entered.

"You wanted to see me, Principal Asano," I remained calm on the outside, but panicked internally.

Please don't tell me he found out...

"Yes, I did. I have a task for you," he took out a few boxes of envelopes out of his drawer. "I need you to deliver the students' reports to their home. We're starting to prepare for finals, so all the teachers are busy. My driver will take you where you need to go." he explained.

Oh thank god...

"Of course," I accepted the job. "I'm happy to help. Is there anything else you need?" I asked as I took the boxes off his desk.

"Just one minor thing if you don't mind."

"Not at all, what is it?" I asked.

"Can you get some groceries for tonight on your way back?" he added.

"Not a problem," I said as I walked out.

Oh wait, that means I have to wear my uniform properly...

When I got to the parking lot, I saw the driver. He immediately came over and helped me load the boxes into the car. He already had the addresses on his gps and we started our trip.

To save time and money, we managed to deliver all the reports en route to the grocery store, then back home and back to the school.

It was a silent journey.

When I got back, everyone was talking up a storm.

So, the time for career counselling begins...

I was standing with Karma and Kayano behind Nagisa's seat. He was still unsure about his goals for the future.