Chapter 37: Past Time

All the memories we've made with him came flooding in after Koro-sensei finished telling his story. The class was hit with the reality of their situation.

Did we have to kill Koro-sensei?

"Now, I do believe we have one more story to listen to, class," Koro-sensei got the attention of the students. "If you will, Shiniko."

I walked up to the front of the class where Koro-sensei was and took a deep breath to calm my nerves and heart.

Here goes nothing...

"Umm..." I wasn't sure how to face the class like how Koro-sensei did.

"I know some of you have been a little suspicious of me for a while now, especially with all that's happened... I don't blame you..." I haven't really said much, but my mouth was already dry.

"So, let's get some things straight. I'm Shiniko Kuroshira, and I'm the assassin known as Fallen Light." I reintroduced myself to the class.

"So, for anyone still wondering, yes. I have killed people. A lot of people.

Even though I'm an assassin, I work with the Ministry of Defense. Ironic isn't it?

When I went to study abroad a few years ago, Lovro found me and offered to take me in as his student. I accepted and immediately started training.

I met many assassins over the years. Irina was actually one of the first assassins I met. Anyways, I eventually started to take on more and more assassination requests for money.

As you know, you had Yukimura-sensei for about two weeks in March of your second year. I frequently visited the E Class building to meet with Yukimura-sensei and later I met her sister, Akari Yukimura, or as we all know as Kaede Kayano.

I started to go to the research facility she worked at, and saw first hand the experiments done to the original Reaper.

On the day that Yukimura-sensei died, I was with Kayano. I managed to get through the rubble before her.

I told the Reaper who I was before he left. Then, I helped Kayano with her revenge.

And well, the rest you know...

I'm sorry you all had to find out this way..."

I finished telling my side of the story. I felt ashamed and distressed. 

im sorry you all had to find out at all...

I left out a few details of my life, they don't need to know or be burdened with it anyways.

The class stayed quiet.

"Oh, and thank you, Nagisa for keeping quiet." I looked over at him with a faint smile.

"Alright class," Koro-sensei said. "With all that's happened today, I'm sure you're all tired. So, please go home, rest, and clear your mind. Karasuma-sensei and I will take Kayano to the hospital."

The class eventually started to leave. Koro-sensei and I followed behind.

Thoughts of regret and uncertainty filled my head on the way to the hospital with Kayano. One of Karasuma's subordinates drove us there in their government issued cars.

Us, being: Kayano, Koro-sensei in human disguise, Karasuma-sensei and I. 

"I'm sorry for what happened today, Karasuma-sensei. I should've stopped her from getting revenge, then maybe all this wouldn't have happened..." I said quietly, feeling guilty.

"Koro-sensei wouldn't have had to tell them his past like he wanted to, and neither would I. Kayano wouldn't have to be acting the whole time or end up in the hospital," I ranted to him while we were sitting outside Kayano's hospital room.