Chapter 0.01: Adventure Time

My eyes shot open when I heard footsteps coming to the door. I flipped over to face the wall and pulled the blanket over my head to pretend to be asleep.

There was a knock before the door opened.

"Shiniko, wake up, it's time for school," A gentle voice said.

Right... Im not at home anymore...

My body relaxed as I remembered and fell back asleep.

"Shiniko..." Uncle Asano sighed, "Guess I'll get Gakushuu to deal with this, I need to make breakfast."

He stepped out of the room and right there behind him was the person he was looking for.

"Morning Gakushuu, wake Shiniko up, please."

"Ok, and good morning," Gakushuu obliged.

Gakushuu entered the guest room, that's now my room.

"Shiniko~...wake up~" he said as he poked my cheek causing me to shuffle in bed.

"Well you leave me with no choice." He grabbed the blanket and pulled it away.

The cold air of the room hit my skin causing goosebumps, but I still didn't want to wake up. I curled up into a ball to stay as warm as possible.

As I slowly felt around for the blanket, the feeling of drowsiness started to leave since I couldn't find it.

"Yay, you're awake! You need to get ready, we have school," he informed before leaving the room.

I could only hum as a sign of acknowledgement.

Uggghhh... we have school, are you kidding me. I better get ready and fast, I don't want to be a burden...

Now where are the clothes at? Ah, there they are..oh and they're clean.

I got dressed as quickly as possible.

Perfect.

After I was done, I went downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning, Uncle Asano." I said in a loud whisper.

"Good morning. Breakfast is on the table, help yourself."

"Morning, again." Gakushuu said as I took a seat and started eating.

"Mo'ning" I said with a mouthful.

"Manners, Shiniko," Gakushuu chuckled.

"Sowee~" I apologized after swallowing.

After breakfast, we got ready to leave the house.

Gakushuu and I ran to the car, Asano did the same after locking the door, and we were off.

"Shiniko, you will be coming with me to my cram school; I need to test you to see which grade and school you'll be going to." Uncle Asano informed me.

"Mhm..." I hummed.

After dropping off Gakushuu at school, we continued to the cram school. Since it was going to be a long drive to get to the school, I slowly, but surely started to fall asleep. Again.

I had a dream, but it was more like a nightmare.

"...niko...Wake up Shiniko..." A voice echoed in my dream. It was Uncle Asano. As I woke up, I felt something warm on my cheek.

Tears.

Tears were running down my face, I quickly wiped them away before answering.

"Yes, Uncle?"

"We're here."

After stepping out of the car, we were greeted by the students. I got intimidated and hid behind Uncle Asano.