CHAPTER 25

Bryce Joshua's POV

I guess I could just call for a delivery but I still decided to give the girls some space. It is very obvious that they—Andrea, want me out. Who could not notice though? She's throwing Alexandra some weird eye signals that the latter is also giving back. Plus, I am fully aware that Alex isn't much into fast food, especially burgers.

It's been months since we crossed paths again, and apparently this time...she's still crying. I remember the first I ever saw her. She was just on 8th grade that time. It was on the curb a little ways pass her school's gate, at first I was going to ignore her but the moment she looked up I stopped. Of course I knew who she is, not personally but I still do.

Her uniforms' a little messy, maybe because of the way she sat on the dirty pavement...so careless. But that didn't caught my attention...it was her eyes back then. Round hazel orbs that would be so captivating under the sun but at that moment was clouded with tears that are racing down her face.

I felt my heart being clenched at the sight of her. I wanted to console her but I was afraid that I might scare her.

The only thing I was capable to do then was hand her my handkerchief and be gone. From that day forward I discovered something weird about myself, the potential of being an A-Class stalker. I don't necessarily follow her every move but I keep tabs on her every now and then just to make sure that she won't be crying anymore.

Sure it would be easier to introduce myself but I don't think it's time yet so I ended up waiting. And after all the waiting, I get to see her again. Still on the streets... and again...crying.

I couldn't even contain my happiness when she started to get comfortable with me, though every time we meet she's in tears but at least this time...I am with her. For me, that was enough... until one day she found out. I was being cautious with her, trying to find a chance to tell her but hell happened and I ended up begging. Funny turn of events, right?

But something weird happened to her. She's gone to super cold to caring during our Bali trip. She could be toying with me but I'm happy. As long as I get to be with her, I am.

The buzzing from the take out counter caught my attention.

"Thank you for waiting, sir." The attendant offered me a smile as she handed me the bag with my orders. As I left the chain towards my car I remembered. Shit, I forgot my phone.

Andrea's POV

"What's taking him so long?" Napabuntong hininga na lang ulit ako habang nakikikinig sa kanya. Sa nagdaang twenty minutes ilang beses niyang inulit ang mga katagang iyan.

"Ba't ba ang atat mo? Akala ko ba, ayaw mo sa burgers?"

"It's not about the food you glutton." Aba! Glutton daw? Sino ako? Magsasalita pa sana ako bilang protesta ng inunahan niya ako. "I'm just wondering where he went. Nasa may labasan lang naman ang pinakamalapit na fast food dito eh. Ang tanga naman niya kung nagpunta pa siya sa mall."

"Baka nga, may topak pa naman 'yon." Isang irap lang ang natanggap ko mula sa kanya.

Hindi naman kasi ako manhid, oo medyo chismosa ako pero slight lang naman eh. For truth purposes only. Alexandra is dear to me, we are cousins but also sisters that's why I want only the best for her. I can't just stand and watch as another asshole destroys her. Who knows where she'll go if it happens again. Baka mag migrate na sa Mars ang bruha, and we can't have that. Never!!!

This Lopez guy is actually a good catch, I mean Ryan was too but he's ancient history. He's annoying for me but if things go well he won't be sleeping with me so it's okay. I can clearly see that he cares for my cousin. But I can't understand why. Yes they are engaged but I can feel that there's more than what meets the eye. The way he stares at her, it's something completely different.

I'm curious about this whole arrange marriage thing but I can't do anything, not even ask. Only tita— Alex's mom knows the details and God forbid that I confront her about it.

"Maybe I should call him..." she said. More like to herself than to me.

"Can you sit down? Nakakahilo ka po." She looks like someone who's waiting their medical results as she walks back and forth in front of me.

This is why I worry about her. She may not say anything or she may not look like it but she's easily attached. She acts tough and uncaring but she's really soft and thoughtful, just like her dad.

Kahit pa sabihin niyang binibigyan niya lang ng chance si Lopez, I know it's something more. What she's feeling for him is actually more than just being casual and kind. Kaya I'm paying more attention this time kasi if Lopez pulls something silly then uunahan ko na siya. Hindi naman siguro mahirap magtago ng bangkay 'di ba?

"Your orders are here, mademoiselle."

Bago pa man ako makapag-react ay naunahan na ako ni Alexandra. "You're back."

"Stating the obvious much?" sabi ko ng makalapit ako sa kinatatayuan nila. Alam niyo 'yung kagagaling lang ng asawa mo sa work at ikaw ay butihing may bahay tapos sasalubungin mo siya sa pinto? Ganon si Alexandra ngayon.

"Uhm...thanks for this." Gusto kong magsuka, promise! Ang pabebe ng pinsan ko, tangina anong nangyayari sa mundo?

"Everything for you, love." What the heck? Kailangan pa ba ako dito? I am cringing right now. My cousin is blushing like a teenager, yuck. And what's with the endearment? Am I the only who noticed? He used it twice today and it's not even lunch yet.

The three of us were just standing there, in the middle of the arched frame. Bryce Lopez staring at my cousin as if she's the cutest he's ever laid eyes on and Alexandra doing the same as if he's a limited edition book. While here's me, looking at the both of them as I hold my puke at the same time ignore the floating hearts that's animatedly surrounding them.

"Oh, anong ginagawa niyo r' yan?" Muntik na akong mapasigaw dahil sa biglang pagsulpot ni manang. Sa sobrang focus nila sa isa't isa at ako naman sa kanila ay hindi namin namalayan na nakatayo na rin pala si manang sa harapan namin.

Mapadako naman ang tingin ko sa kamay ni manang, sa hawak niyang envelope. "Manang, ano 'yan?" Sabay nguso sa kamay niya.

"Ay oo nga pala..." agad naman siyang bumaling sa pinsan ko na nakatingin lang din sa papel na hawak niya "Alexandra hija, para sa' yo."

"Ano po 'to manang?" tanong niya pa habang maingat na sinusuri ang labas ng envelope.

"Try mo kayang buksan. Thank you, manang." Isang pinong ngiti lamang ang ginawad ng matanda sa' kin bago naglakad patungong kusina.

"Oh? What are you waiting for, open it." Agad namang ginawa ni Alexandra ang inutos ko sa kanya kahit mukhang labag ito sa kanyang kalooban.

As she tore the upper part of the white envelope I can feel the building tension inside the room. I'm getting excited at the same time agitated on knowing what's in it.

When she finally did, in her hand is a card. A card with intricate designs, colored in the mixture of silver and gold.

Shock would be an understatement for me. Worry took over my system as soon as I realize what the card was.

I want to grab the card from her grasp but before I did the words already left her mouth, "He's finally getting married."

------------------------------------

Thank you for reading <3

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated.