CHAPTER 19

I've always love good food. I'm such a foodie that everything that looks appealing to my eyes would definitely taste exquisite on my taste buds. Not until today. Seated uncomfortably on a 12-seater table made out of Narra that looks marvelous because of the silver wares on top of it, making it look so formal and classy. And imagine the array of candelabrum that adds the touch of serenity in the air. Posh isn't it.

On normal circumstances, looking at all these sumptuous meal in front would definitely make my mouth water, but tonight's different. Way, way different.

"What do you think of a garden wedding, kids? You know to make it more serene and less crowded," Mrs. Lopez said.

"Oh yes, Alexandra loves flowers," my mom butted in. It's been going on for minutes actually. Ever since the announcement our marriage, yes marriage. 

I am getting freakin' married! 

How did this happened? Well for starters, I don't know. The announcement seemed like an atomic bomb, none of us was expecting it expect those who launched it. My head's still dizzy with the whirlwind of events earlier.

"Bryce Lopez." 

Bryce-fucking-Lopez, that's his name. Then who the fuck is Joshua Bermundo? Gosh, these revelations are giving me a headache.

I was unable to speak. Mula sa ilang minutong pagtitig sa kanya ay nag-iwas na ako ng tingin. Ako yung tipo ng tao na ayaw sa mga sinungaling, well siguro tayong lahat naman yata. But the point is, I hate lies and most of all liars. Maybe because I could never see the point of lying. Why?

Bakit kailangan pa nating magsinungaling kung sa huli magkakaalaman pa rin naman? Para 'wag makasakit? That's bullshit! Whether we like or not we would always end up hurting someone, so why not hurt them with the truth than lie and  ends up hurting them twice as it was supposed to. 

And this asshole just lied to me, big time. 

"Alex..." he tried to talk to me but I only glared at him. 

Maybe I should give him a chance to explain, for what? So that he can formulate another lie? Not a chance.

"It was nice meeting you Mrs. Lopez," I said as I turned to the lady beside me. "You too, Bryce Lopez." My voice laced with venom. 

"Mrs. Lopez?" The woman laughed as if what I said was joke. "No hija, you can call me mama. After all, we're going to be a family."

"What?" I said. Did I hear it right? Bakit, ipapaampon na ba ako nila mommy? I looked at my parents direction, and dad's apologizing stare met mine. What's happening?

Sobrang tahimik ng paligid, walang may gustong magsalita. Napatingin ako sa mga kapatid ko, at kagaya ko naguguluhan din sila. Si Andrea? Ayun kumakain ng Gouda at walang pakialam sa nangyayari sa paligid niya.

"The Lopez family," mom broke our silence. "You sweetheart, will be marrying into their family, and Bryce here will be your groom."  

"WHAT?!" collected gasps were heard. 

"Mom, what do you mean? Ibubugaw mo si Alex?" Kuya Gino was mad, so much that he even questioned our mother. Agad naman akong napatakbo papunta sa kanya, "Kuya calm down," I said trying my best to calm him down despite the chaos that's going on inside my head. 

"Dad, care to explain? Bakit ang bilis naman yata?" Napatingin din ako kay Dad, among all of us he was the most sensible. 

"Gino, calm down. Yes, Alexandra is engaged to Bryce and the wedding is happening. Not even you could stop it."