CHAPTER 18

"How in hell is it possible na nandito ka? The call dropped like only minutes ago. You really are stalking me aren't you?" Anger and frustration is eating me up. Frustration because now I need to prepare an explanation to my dear cousin regarding on who is this guy and why did he suddenly appear out of nowhere. And anger because, how dare he show his face right before me after days of being AWOL.

"I told you and now here I am." This man really is crazy. My attention shifted to my cousin na nakatingin lang sa amin. Ang weird tignan kasi palipat-lipat yung tingin niya na parang ang interesting nang pinapanood niya. 

She caught me staring kaya she eyed me as if asking who the guy was. I was determined to ignore her but the gal had the audacity to secretly pinch my sides making me wince in the process. 

My cousin has always been just like my second brother, Joshua. Both of them lack the capacity to stay quiet and still for more than 10 minutes. "Hi. My name is Andrea, Aya for short and I'm this girls' cousin," she said as she points a finger at me. 

"Joshua." The guy said as he extended a hand for a handshake which my cousin delightfully obliged. 

"Okay tama na nga," I said as I pry their hands away from each other. I can even feel my cousin nudged me by the shoulder to hide her silent admiration for the man. "Ang gwapo niya," she added in a tight squeal, not so silent now are we?

"So let's go?" 

Ang kapal talaga ng apog ng lalaking ito. Ang lakas makapag utos, akala mo kung sino. 

"Anong let's go? Ako ba kausap mo?" He smiled at my question and replied with a nod. 

"Well you said you'd go with me if ever I found you, and here we are--"  pointing around trying to emphasize his point "--me convincing you, and you trying hard to cheat on me with our bet."

An excited gasp from Aya summed-up my whole reaction. Hindi ko naman kasi alam na may lahing maligno pala ang lalaking ito at bigla-bigla nalang susulpot. If I'd known earlier edi sana--

E 'di sana ano? What's your excuse this time Alexandra?

"Oo nga naman couz, have mercy on the guy. Who knows how much he had to drive just to see you," she said as she obviously selling me to Bermundo. "And 'wag ka ngang choosy, ang gwapo niya kaya, kung ayaw mo akin nalang ha." 

The man just smiled cheekily at us. He clearly heard my cousin and what she said definitely fed his ego.

"Go on, take her with you. Ako na ang bahalang magsabi sa mga kapatid mo." She then turned to Joshua, "Drive her home okay, but make sure na walang kahit anong gasgas 'to. Kasi pag nangyari 'yun, kahit gaano ka pa ka-gwapo, I'll hunt you down and drag you to hell with me." Even I felt a shiver down my spine as I listen to my cousin's threat.  She might seem sweet but she's also crazy, and listening to her, I kinda felt scared for Joshua's sake. 

"I'll keep that in mind." The moment Andrea smiled at him, he then dragged me away. So sudden I wasn't able to react. 

Sa sobrang bilis ng mga pangyayari at dahil na rin siguro sa pagiging lutang ko, 'di ko na namalayan na nasa loob na pala kami ng kanyang sasakyan. Walang nagsalita, prenteng nakaupo lang ako habang walang ka poise-poise na ipinatong ang mga paa ko sa may dashboard ng sasakyan niya. Pinakiramdaman ko ang susunod niyang gagawin. Hinihintay ko na sawayin niya ako, kasi bakit hindi? Lahat ng lalaking kilala ko ay sobrang maalaga sa sasakyan nila na tipong kung may paraan lang para 'wag maalikabukan baka ginawa na.

"So what are you up to these days?" I asked as cool as I can, trying to sound a little less curious. Syempre naman, hindi sa pagiging chismosa or kung ano man, but kahit 'di kami super close magwo-wonder pa rin ako kung saan parte ng pilipinas na siya napunta.