CHAPTER 15

"Please Andrea just this once, promise this will be the last time." I said almost begging.

The woman just let out a very displeased grunt, an indication of her annoyance and disapproval.

"I've said this once and I'm gonna say it again, it's a no Alexandra!" She said almost shouting.

She immediately turned her back at me. She's always like this, everytime she disagrees with something she'd walkout.

Agad ko naman siyang hinabol kasi alam kong siya lang ang makakatulong sa akin.

"Please couz, ikaw lang talaga ang pwede kong lapitan. Magagalit sila kuya pagnalaman nila ang tungkol dito."

She didn't react. Prenteng nakaupo lang siya habang nakatingin sa cellphone niya. I sat down beside her and rested my head on her shoulders. I waited for a couple of seconds to get any reaction from her, but nothing.

A deep sigh escaped my lips, " I know you don't want me talking to him pero I want to-- I need to. After this wala na talaga, kakalimutan ko na siya. Kung gusto mo pati pangalan niya kakalimutan ko rin."

Napa-ismid siya sa sinabi ko. " As if kaya mo." I smiled at her remark, she's playing cold pero alam ko konting lambing pa ay bibigay na siya. "Why did you suddenly want to have this closure?" She asked.

Napa-isip ako. Bakit nga ba? Dahil ba ikakasal na siya?

Umalis ako sa pagkakahilig sa balikat niya. "Pagod. Napapagod na ako Andrea. Gustong-gusto ko nang sumaya. Yung totoong masaya." I felt her stares. "Masyado ko nang kinakawawa ang sarili ko. If I want genuine happiness then it's about time that I free myself from my past, and that past includes Ryan."

I turned to her with a smile. "Plus ang cheap ko naman kung may unfinished business pa ako sa isang lalaking ikakasal na."

Dead silence reigned over us. Napabuntong hininga siya at mabilis na nagtipa sa kanyang cellphone.

Ilang segundo pa ang lumipas ay iniabot niya ito sa akin. Nagtataka ko siyang tinignan. "Kainin mo baka sakaling makatulong." Inirapan niya ako at agad siyang umalis patungo sa kusina.

I sat there still wondering why she left her phone with me. Out of curiosity ay tinignan ko ito. The very moment the screen lit up my lips automatically formed a smile.

She really loves me. Ryan's contact details were at tip of my fingers.

"Thank you couz!" I screamed hoping that she'd hear me.

Oo, I asked her for Ryan's number. After the mall encounter narealize ko na para lang akong tanga na nag-e-emote dahil sa kanya. Nagmumukha akong desperada.

We need closure. And it's now or never.

-----------

There's this movie that clearly stated that if you wish to completely move on from you're past relationship it's best to return those sentimental stuffs like the gifts from your ex lover.

Growing up I'm always scared of everything. I'm the kind of person that would choose to sulk in the corner rather than to man up and face my fears.

The whirring of the air conditioner was the only sound I can hear. Taking a sip from cup and letting it's warmth comfort me, at least.  It's been 30 minutes since I got here.

The place gives off a sense of familiarity and the aroma from fresh coffee beans lingers in the air.

My body is sweating so much it could fill up a drum, yung puso ko parang sasabog sa kaba.