CHAPTER 32

Bryce Joshua's POV

"What are you doing here?" Andrea asked. Her glaring stares were equal to the weight of her angry tone. I stood there, quietly staring at her, waiting what she will say or do next.

I opted to ask her about Alexandra, but even before I could finish my sentence, her hand made its way to my face in a cold-hard slap. Yes, she slapped me and I think I kinda deserve it, both of them.

"Sorry?! Tangina mo, Lopez! Ang kapal ng mukha mong magpakita dito at magsorry!! 'Yong pinsan ko halos lumuwa 'yong mata sa kakaiyak dahil sa kagaguhan mo tapos mag so-sorry ka?" Slapping me didn't ease her anger, not even a bit that she's beating my chest as she cried in front of me. And seeing her made me feel worse. "Ang KAPAL MO!"

I didn't protest, I let her. I stayed still as Andrea beat me up to her heart's content, until Alexandra intervened. She dragged her cousin into the room, away from me. I watched her wipe her cousin's tears, she's beautiful both inside and out. And she doesn't deserve all of this, all this pain I've inflicted on her.

When she stood in front of me my knees felt weak, her eyes were empty. Too blank that even her pain was invisible, "Magsalita ka, makikinig ako."

Her voice was cold as hell. I gulped hard, trying to find the right words but couldn't. "I'm sorry A—"

"Stop saying it Joshua," her voice faint and pleaading. "I need you to explain, I need clarifications. Naguguluhan ako at gustong-gusto kitang saktan pero nagpipigil ako kasi gusto kong maliwanagan. Kaya please, just tell me the fucking truth."

She's in so much pain and I can't stand it.

"I...I" I don't know where to start. For the first time in years, I'm speechless maybe because I know that even if I tell her the truth or lie, she'll hate me either way.

"Remember when I told you that I didn't have a girlfriend because I knew I was destined for someone and that we would eventually meet when the timing was right?" She kept her silence, so I continued.

"Well... I met that someone earlier than I thought, I was 17 when I first saw you and..."

"And what?" she asked getting impatient.

"Believe it or not but the first time I laid my eyes on you... I knew I like you." My eyes never left hers for the entire time.

"Cut the bullshit, Lopez. 'Di kami naniniwala sa ganyan." Our eyes broke contact when Andrea interjected.

"Believe it or not, I stalked you. I followed you like a lunatic every chance that I got. Every achievements that you have I know, because I was there cheering for you from a distance. Until the day you decided to be Ryan's girlfriend..."

"...Our mothers knew about the deal, well we thought it was just a joke but it was written on paper. Mom said you wouldn't like it and she was right." I smiled when I remembered how much she hated the idea. "But then your mom visited one day saying that the marriage needs to push through since it would be a huge loss for both families, more than half of the company share was at stake. So despite being reluctant, they agreed on it. This matrimony will save both our families, Alexandra."

"So pera-pera lang talaga ang lahat ng ito?" she said disappointed.

"No, it's not like that—"

"It is, Joshua! It is." I tried to reach for her hand but she turned away. "So beating Ryan, what made you do that?"

"He doesn't love you like I do."

Her eyes were full of hatred and her smile, mocking. "How would you know?"

"He was neglecting you! I only want you to be happy and safe, Alexandra. And besides, your relationship isn't gonna amount to anything because your mom won't approve. That breakup was the best for everyone."

"Sino ka?" he asked me.

"I'm Bryce Lopez."

"Anong kailangan mo sa 'kin?"

"I want to take back what's mine," I said. He looked confused so I continued. "Alexandra..."

"Bakit, anong kailangan mo sa kanya?" This dumb prick is getting into my nerves!

"I'm her fiancé. She was mine first so I'm taking her back." I said determined to make him understand my point. "And besides, you'll never be enough for her... so let her go."

"Paano kung ayaw ko?" I clenched my fists in annoyance. So he wants to do it the hard way.

"Look, whether you like it or not, you need to break up. Alexandra's the best woman there is and she deserves also the best...and let's be realistic, you are not it for her."

"At sa tingin mo ikaw 'yon? Does she even know you? I bet hindi, you are just some rich asshole whom she didn't—"

Even before he could finish his damned sentence my fists went flying to his face. How dare he, he doesn't deserve her, nobody else does. I beat the shit outta him, not caring about the aftermath.

Just when I had enough I let him go. I looked at him, bruised face and somewhat bleeding. "Take this as a warning, let her go or else." I turned to leave but I stopped midway. "We both know the truth, Revilles... Don't make this hard for her, if you truly care for her then save her the trouble of being the one to end what you guys have."

*paaakkkk*

"How could you do that, Joshua! Who are you to decide for me? What rights do you have?"

I'm sorry, Alexandra...

"No wonder I can't ask him to change his mind. You made sure that there would be nothing to choose from, it's either he chose me or himself... and we all know what it is."

"I'm really sorry..." That's all I can say to her, I can't even meet her gaze anymore.

"No you are not! You're selfish, kayong lahat selfish! Ano masaya na kayo? Ryan is married and I am miserable. Siguro ang saya niyo 'nong nag break kami, kasi all your plans are turning out great. I hate you so much, Joshua...so much."

She cried, and turns out she didn't need to hit me physically to hurt me back. Seeing her right now, crying and wasted because of the things I've done...hurts...so bad. 

****

Thank you for reaching this far :)

Media: SLANDER - Love Is Gone ft. Dylan Matthew (Acoustic)