CHAPTER 27

It's warm and heavenly. The mere contact feels like a little closer to heaven itself. For a second I was scared that my irrational action would lead to something bad, like hurting him as his lips were so soft I thought that my rashness would eventually leave a bruise.

A peck, as simple as that was the original plan. Yet, the moment our lips touched I couldn't help but let greed take over making the kiss linger for a little while.

I know what I did was stupidity beyond imaginable but at that moment, it felt right. The feeling I have back then was something new to me. Something that I would gladly accept if it were to happen again but also something that I would love to prevent.

"Alexandra? Hey, are you okay?" I heard my brother asked.

He's really annoying, how dare he interrupt me in the middle of my day—wait... How is it possible that I'm hearing Kuya calling me?

"Hey princess, everything okay?" There it is again, but this time it's Kuya Gino.

Before I could ignore the voices I've been hearing, I felt a tap on my left shoulder. It's so powerful that it managed to pull me from my thoughts. To my annoyance I turned to that person, and surprisingly my cousins' face greeted me.

I raise a brow at her, hoping she would get the message. "What?" she asked me. "We've been talking to you for the last five minutes yet it seemed like you are not paying attention." Her sullen face showed signs of her annoyance towards me.

What does she mean by 'we'? And then it hit me.

"What's up with you? And why are you smiling like a deranged person?" Kuya Joshua asked.

Realization came running. I am in the middle of the mandatory family breakfast that happens once a week. Why mandatory? My family is a busy bunch and breakfast is more like a luxury than a need as most meetings take place during the day. So to address the issue, Dad made sure that we all eat together for a simple family breakfast at least once a week. Where nobody is allowed to speak about anything related to business. It has been going on since I was in primary school.

"Huh? Smiling? Anong pinagsasabi mo, sabog ka Kuya?" I said to my second brother.

"Aba't—"

"Kuya's right, Alexandra. Halos hindi ka na nga kumakain kasi nakangiti ka nalang. Ano bang nakakatuwa d 'yan sa plato mo?" Andrea's sarcasm didn't miss my ears.

Was I really smiling? Embarrassment washed all over me. Nakakahiya ka, Alexandra!!!

"And look now, she's blushing." Everyone at the table laughed as Kuya Gino teased me even more.

As their laughter died down the smiles on our faces stayed. The familiar warmth of this place and these people makes the house a home, my home.

Sa loob ng maraming panahon ay pinilt ko ang saril kong masanay sa pag-iisa na sana ay hindi ko ginawa. May pamilya ako, may mga taong handa akong mahalin kahit na ako mismo umaayaw na sarili ko. Masyado akong naging makasarili. Pero sa pagkakataong ito ay hindi ko na uulitin ang pagkakamaling iyon.

Family sticks together, and I'm more than willing to keep it that way.

Our normal meal continued, with occasional banters and corny jokes, courtesy of Dad.

The sound of mother clearing her throat made us stop talking. "Alexandra, how are you and Bryce?"

Complete silence. Even the movements of cutlery against the ceramic plates stilled. No one dared to make any noise.