Chapter 1: A New Song to be Sung

*3 months later*

*Krystal was finishing up some of her pre-shift staff pharmacist duties in Bubu Pharmacy, then she heard Baizhu call her over to his office.*

Baizhu: Krystal, may I have a word with you?

Krystal: Sure. *walks over to the office*

Baizhu: Have a seat. So I just wanted to commend you for completing your residency!

Krystal: What? I thought I was only halfway done.

Baizhu: Nope, you are complete. I even registered you as a complete rotation with the Liyue Healthcare Association. I taught you everything I know, from the basics to the most advanced techniques. You've already created 3 presentations that would be beneficial to Liyue's healthcare guidelines. With that being said, you are done with your residency, and I also want you to become the newest manager of the pharmacy.

Krystal: Wait, what happened to the other senior pharmacists? Also, those seniors who are here now?

Baizhu: They all retired. Plus you've worked here for 3 months. The current senior has only worked for 5 months.

Krystal: You're not counting the years I worked as a tech? Under the guise of foundational experience?

Baizhu: Nope. But anyway, congratulations again! You are now the new manager!

Krystal: Wait, so that means you're retiring?

Baizhu: Yep! Remember when I told you I've been ill for some time? Well, I'm retiring to research further on increasing my longevity. Maybe you might find the cure, my new owner and manager. So have fun running this business! You'll be great!

*Baizhu left the pharmacy, and then Krystal came out of the office to greet the staff, all frazzled.*

Krystal: Hi guys, so...this is going to be confusing to all of you, but...I'm your new manager. I know that this is an abrupt change of the guard, but Baizhu has retired and has entrusted me to this position. So I hope we all can work hard for the well-being of our patients.

Staff: YAY!

*After a long grueling day at the pharmacy*

Krystal: Okay that was long, but it wasn't bad. Qiqi, come with me. Zhongli is waiting for us outside.

Qiqi: Okay.

Zhongli: Krystal. Oh, and you brought Qiqi.

*He took Krystal out for dinner after a long day's work in managing Bubu Pharmacy. She brought Qiqi along too. They go to Wanmin Restaurant, where they meet up with Childe and director Hu. There they had some nice dishes made by Xiangling.*

Krystal: Xiangling has really come into her own as a chef! Oh! Finally, she didn't overseason with spices! Truly a masterpiece.

Childe: I can't wait for the entertainment portion.

Xiangling: We usually see bands and singers pass by to perform each night at the restaurant. But sadly, the person who was supposed to perform tonight fell ill and we need an act ASAP. 

Yun Jin: I can perform! Xinyan would have loved to do it but she is off at her own concert. So maybe I can fill in.

Chef Mao: It's not opera night Ms. Yun. Sorry.