Chapter 8: Letters from the Front

Narrator: Krystal was able to free Yunjin the other day, and thankfully, she was doing much better and has been taking the medicine as prescribed. As for Krystal, she seemed very focused on the work that was given today. So focused, that she didn't even come out of the hospital today while she was tending to the patients. I was worried as usual, because when she is deep into work, something is bothering her.

Qiqi: Dr. Gui, there are letters from Fontaine. They're addressed to Dr. Krystal.

Gui: Is that what she is worried about? Who is it from?

Qiqi: A man named "Maurice". I don't know what is in this letter, but whatever it is, Dr. Krystal has not read it ever since it came in yesterday.

Gui: It has something to do with the war in Fontaine. Do you think we should show it to her?

Qiqi: I'm not sure. Let's just wait.

*Krystal enters*

Krystal: Hello all, I just finished up doing my counseling and delivery rounds at the hospital. How has work been back here? We also have a few more prescriptions to fill since the doctors are only sending a surge of them now.

Gui: Don't worry, Dr. Krystal, we will take care of all this. By the way, these letters have come from Fontaine.

Krystal: Fontaine?

Gui: Yes. However, both of these letters have the senders' addresses on here. Do you recognize the writing?

Krystal (staring at the letters): Yes. But I will read them later. In the meantime, Gui, Qiqi, you guys should go around and do a weekly patient check-up with the three patients I have listed here. I will fill the prescriptions and have them sent out accordingly. After that, we will close for tonight.

Qiqi: Sure.

Gui: Okay. Let's go Qiqi. We need to visit our patients today.

Qiqi: One of the patients here is Mr. Zhongli. Should we visit him first?

Gui: No it's best to visit him last. I suspect that those letters might be bothering Krystal, so we might want to ask him to check up on her on the way back.

Qiqi: Oh ok. *Gui and Qiqi leave*

Narrator: As we made our rounds around the harbor counseling the patients, we saw two Fontaine Aristocrat Gardess trying to pry out information out of an old lady.

Fontaine Garde: So, let's try this again. Where is Krystal Shuihua?!

Old lady: She is very busy at work at Bubu Pharmacy! She could be anywhere around this harbor counseling patients and delivering medications! Please spare me!

Fontaine Garde: Tch. Pathetic. Shuihua has been here for nearly 5 months. How can you not possibly know where she is?! We checked Bubu Pharmacy earlier today, but she wasn't there! *proceeds to strike the old lady*

Gui: STOP!

Fontaine Garde: Oh? A Bubu Pharmacy worker? GOOD. Maybe you can lead me to Krystal Shuihua.

Gui: What exactly do you want with Dr. Shuihua huh?! Is it something to do with the Civil War?!

Fontaine Garde: Exactly that. We don't want Mademoiselle Shuihua to read those letters. If she does, then she will aid in the rebellion and break one of our prisoners out.

Gui: Might I ask, who is the prisoner you are concerned about?

Fontaine Garde: It is none of your business!

Old Lady: Ryder Byron! Krystal's boyfriend! He is the rebel prisoner that they are concerned about!

Fontaine Garde: SHUT YOUR MOUTH! *proceeds to strike the old lady*