Chapter 23: Lady Furina Wants a Piece of Me.

*Lady Furina has arrived at the University of Fontaine for her yearly visit. She is accompanied by Chief Justice Neuvillette.*

Neuvillette: Are you ready to do your monthly inspection, Lady Furina?

Lady Furina: Yes, yes, let's get this over with.

*They walk around the campus and they see signs of a rally*

Lady Furina: Oh. A protest! AGAINST MY LAWS?! (she fumes)

Neuvillette: This is the University of Fontaine, Furina. You should be well aware that they hold lots of protests for even some of the most mundane things.

Lady Furina: But these are protests against ME. THE COURT. WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND CHIEF JUSTICE NEUVILLETTE?!

Neuvillette: Please refrain from hysterics. Maybe- (he sees that the rally is sponsored by many entities including Spina di Rosula). My. I never thought that so many respectable organizations would be willing to sponsor this. Alright Lady Furina, we will check it out. But where to?

*Lady Furina spots Krystal, who is alone.*

Lady Furina: Excuse me-

Krystal: PLEASE LEAV- *turns around* Oh.

Lady Furina: Oh? Aren't you the FORMER Champion Duelist Krystal Shuihua?

Krystal: It is now Dr. Krystal Shuihua, PharmD, RPh, Lady Furina. Please, let us not bring up that part of my past.

Lady Furina: Ah, yes, sorry. Do you know where this "rally" is being held?

*Krystal is stunned. She felt that this was going to happen.*

Krystal: That way. *points in the wrong direction*

Lady Furina: I think we will take this way *points in the right direction.* Thank you.

Neuvillette: It has been long since I have seen you in the duelist arena.

Krystal: Those days are behind me. My father was right. Being a champion duelist does not bring glory nor can it relieve the sorrows of the accused.

Neuvillette: I understand. I just want to let you know that the decision you made to not kill that innocent person years ago was justified. We would not have found the real culprit had you not done that. Please know that you have earned my respect even though other members of the court do not share that. Your undefeated streak for a champion duelist still stands to this day, Dr. Shuihua.

Krystal: Thank you. But, I wish you had shared that earlier. Otherwise, I would not have been scrutinized so harshly back then. I also wanted to apologize for Navia lashing out at you. I know she didn't mean it.

Neuvillette: She already apologized. I know very well that I am not good with human emotions. Excuse me, I must take my leave.

*Neuvillette walks off. Krystal proceeds to call Maurice.*

Krystal (on phone): MAURICE! LADY FURINA AND THE CHIEF JUSTICE ARE APPROACHING THE RALLY!

Maurice: Shit. Did you at least try to divert them?!

Krystal: Yes. What do you want me to do?

Maurice: Just come back. We will show Lady Furina and Chief Justice Neuvillette why we are protesting.

Krystal: You're just going to-

Maurice: We have no choice.

*Krystal returns to the rally grounds just before Furina and Neuvillette arrive.*

*Ryder spots Krystal running and panting.*

Ryder: Krystal. What happened?

Krystal: They're coming.