Chapter 16: Search

*Krystal is falling from the top of Mt. Tianheng. She is frazzled and scared and attempts to break her fall. Thankfully she has her catalyst and decides to use it to break her fall.*

Krystal: AGH! That hurts! This is why I wished I had my spear with me. It doesn't hurt when I break my fall with it. 

*Krystal's wounds start to bleed*

Krystal: No no no! Ugh, I don't have any more bandages in my kit! I guess I am going to have to use some of the plants around here. Ugh, they itch! 

*Krystal debrides and tends to her wounds using the herbs nearby.*

Krystal: Okay. This should be fine. But now, I can't enter the harbor given my stupid uncle banished me! UGH! STUPID UNCLE! STUPID JACOB! Now I can't receive my payment for the month! IT SUCKS! Well, guess I will try to find a way to get home.

*Krystal's spear falls from the sky and nearly impales her.*

Krystal: GAH! Oh! My trusty spear! Oh, thank god now it's going to be easier to cut through the weeds. *sighs* I guess I'll hone my skills for a while in case I come face to face with my shitty relatives. *takes off*

*Meanwhile back in Inazuma, The Kamisato Clan has returned to their estate. They get a letter from one of the soldiers regarding Krystal's "death".*

Hirano: Lord Kamisato! There is a message from Lady Angelique Shuihua and news from Liyue!

Ayato: What?

Thoma: My lord, let me take a look at the newspaper.

Newspaper Headline: BREAKING NEWS! FONTAINE DOCTOR AND HEIRESS TO SHUIHUA FORTUNE BANISHED FROM LIYUE HARBOR AFTER A FAMILY DUEL DESPITE PROVING INNOCENCE FOR THE INVASION OF LIYUE! KRYSTAL SHUIHUA IS DEAD!

Ayato: *grabs the letter and newspaper* No...

Ayaka: No...this can't be! I've never seen Krystal lose an actual fight! Let alone be banished! She's innocent! Why did her uncle kill her?! *cries*

Thoma: Milady, let's head inside. This is going to be a lot to process. 

Ayato: How dare he! Where is the Shuumatsuban?! 

Kazuaki: Here my lord!

Ayato: Send out a team to Liyue Harbor and find my dear Krystal! She can't be dead. I just know it! Once you find her, bring her home safe and sound! If she wants to come to Inazuma to rest, then I will open the room for her. This is a high-intensity mission! Now go!

Kazuaki: Yes my lord!

*Ayato enters the estate and heads to his room to mourn. He opens the letter.*

Ayato: Krystal...sweet Krystal...No...please you have to live my dear. I...

*Ayato reads the letter*

Angelique (written): My dear Ayato, if you have opened this letter, then you must have been aware of the news that Krystal and uncle Jian have been proven innocent for their actions at Petrichor and Liyue. Yet, in a fit of rage, her uncle Julius challenged her and her father to a duel. Her cousin Jacob was also there, and he is a menace given that he has abused his wives and other women in Liyue Harbor. During the battle, Jacob groped her leg and tried to r*pe her during the duel. Thankfully, Krystal was able to break out of it but slashed Jacob many times in the process, which lead Julius to knock her out in a fit of rage and throw her from the top of Mt. Tianheng. We are unaware of her whereabouts. We don't know if she's dead or alive! Jacob is officially betrothed to Krystal after Julius threw her off, and if she were to ever return there would be a wedding party awaiting her. Jacob has also sent out assassins to kill you and Ryder. Please be careful...send the Shuumatsuban if you would like to search for her, but also keep some units close in case Jacob's assassins come for you. Please comfort Ayaka and Thoma for me. I know this must be a lot to process. We love you. - Auntie Angelique