Chapter 6: Lapis meets Magma

Krystal: Just as my uncle was about to strike me with his magma, a bright golden spear appeared between the two of us. I turned around, and I saw my godfather, glaring at my uncle.

Julius: Well well, if it isn't the poor funeral consultant. How about it? Are you here to save Krystal? Or are you here in the defense of my brother? If that's the case, then let's duel, Vermin. ONE ON ONE.

Krystal: I did not hear any response from my godfather as he was focused on trying to fight my uncle.

Julius: Prepare yourself.

*Zhongli throws off his tailcoat*

Krystal: Shoot this isn't good. Every time Zhongzhong throws off his tailcoat before a fight, he means business.

Zhongli: *looks at the two* Krystal. Qiqi. Go get some rest. You have done your jobs for today. Let me handle this.

Qiqi: Okay. Dr. Krystal, let's head back to the villa.

*Krystal and Qiqi run towards the villa*

Julius: It's a shame that I have to fight you instead, Mr. Zhongli. Always coming in defense of your precious goddaughter huh? Tell me, what do you see in her that makes her so special huh? She's pathetic! She doesn't even respect the traditions of the clan, and sometimes, she may not even listen to you when it comes to taking care of herself! Remember, she became mentally unstable ever since the war in Fontaine began. She lost her conviction. She is a disgrace to the Shuihua clan. What is the point in investing time in a disgrace?!

Zhongli: Take those words back. NOW.

Julius: Take them back?! I'M ONLY SPEAKING THE TRUTH MR. ZHONGLI. You are not a member of this family. You don't know what she's like behind those closed doors. Mentally unstable. Depressed. Unable to concentrate. Easily stressed. Unladylike. To top it off, she is immature, even at work. She is no fit to run a business, let alone the finest pharmacy in Liyue, let alone all of Teyvat. Speaking of Krystal, *turns to the guards* Guards, bring her back alive to me. Take the zombie girl too.

Zhongli: You have to get through me first.

Julius: *snickers* With pleasure.

Julius and Zhongli begin to fight. Meanwhile on the other side of the harbor...

Krystal: Qiqi, come on, let's hurry back to the villa!

Qiqi: My legs...hurt...

Krystal: Here, I'll pick you up. *looks back at the street* OH GOD.

Qiqi: The guards!!

Krystal: Okay, hold on Qiqi! We are going to make a run for it!

Back at the harbor, Zhongli and Tianxuan Julius continue to clash.

Julius: Tell me, Mr. Zhongli, what is there to invest in a dead shell of your goddaughter hm? She's better off being a housewife in her home in Fontaine.

Zhongli: If I continue to invest in her success and support her, she'll be a better person than you will ever be. She just saved someone's life and you just try to test her like this? Why?! I would really want to know! NOW.

Julius: You're not a part of the clan. So you would never understand the standards that I set for all its members, Krystal and her family included. I just test them to see if they can handle the pressures of living up to those standards and hold their own in this cruel world. I'm pretty sure my brother clearly told her to do whatever she wanted because she was unqualified to run his end of the firm! If my brother genuinely meant that she could pursue her own passions, then he is a disgrace to the family!