Chapter 14: Trial Part 1: Framing Krystal Shuihua

*The next morning, at Krystal's villa, there is a banging on the door. It is one of Julius's guards. He has a message for Krystal.*

Krystal: Coming-

*Krystal's phone rings loudly*

Krystal: *picking up the phone* Hello?

Jian (on the phone): Krystal, did you hear a knocking at the door?

Krystal: Yes dad.

Jian: Don't open. That's one of your uncle's guards. He came over to my house stating that he is going to put you on trial.

Krystal: What?

Jian: Didn't your uncle enter Wangsheng while you were hiding out with Ryder?

Krystal: Yes. I heard he was going to put me on trial, but I did not expect it to be so soon. Things were just starting cool down after the invasion..

Jian: Well, just don't answer the door.

Krystal: Alright then.

Hu Tao: Morning, sis.

Krystal: Morning. Hu Tao, don't open the door.

Hu Tao: Why?

Krystal: My uncle is trying to put me on trial. 

Hu Tao: For what?

Krystal: For "bringing" the chaos to this harbor. I had no way of knowing that there was going to be an invasion from the Court of Fontaine. He's got nothing to gain from me. 

Ryder: Morning. 

Krystal: Morning dear. *kiss*

*Guards still bang on the door*

Hu Tao: Ew. Get a room you two. 

Krystal: Oh hush you. Anyways, don't open that door Ryder, it's my uncle.

Ryder: Your uncle? What does he want with you? Is he going to put you on trial?

Krystal: Yes.

Ryder: Why? He has nothing to gain!

Krystal: Unless...he wants to challenge me to a duel.

Hu Tao: Oh god no!

*The banging stops. Qiqi wakes up.*

Qiqi: Morning.

Krystal: Morning Qiqi. Looks like they left. 

Ryder: Oh thank god. Finally, we can get some extra sleep.

*Another knock on the door*

Krystal: Who is it?

Ayato: It's me, Ayato. I also have Ayaka and Thoma here with me. We're departing today, so we wanted to stop by and give you a gift. 

Krystal: Well, come in. Also, don't let the guards see you. Those guards are from my uncle's. Quickly now.

*The three enter the villa*

Ayato: Ryder. My god. Did you all just wake up? 

Ryder: Yes. Apparently, someone here thought it was funny to go to Wuwang Hill in the middle of the night to search for her godsister. 

Krystal: Hey, I got some messages and that very person just wanted to talk. That was all. *looks at Hu Tao*

Ayaka: Tell me, Krystal, why were there so many Milileth lurking around this area?

Thoma: Her uncle is searching for her. They went to her father's place just to question him about the events. 

Krystal: You mean what happened here and what happened in Fontaine?