Chapter 12: The Dust Settles.

*In the parlor*
Ryder: Krystal...that was touching. What your mother said was very touching. I never knew how many struggles your family had to face. It's insane. If you don't mind me asking, how old was your dad when he first moved to Fontaine from Liyue?

Krystal: 14. He moved to Petrichor in the summer of 1980. He was expected to be a foreign exchange student at Fontaine d'Or.

Ryder: That must've been a lot for a 14-year-old, especially one who was hailing from Liyue's most esteemed clan.

Krystal: True.

Ryder: Your uncle... the man who entered the parlor. He is the head of the Shuihua clan, right?

Krystal: Oh, yea. What about him?

Ryder: Ugh. He strikes me as a snobbish aristocrat, just like the ones in Fontaine. Tell me, what trial is he going to put you on?

Krystal: I don't know. He's been giving me hell ever since I've arrived in Liyue Harbor. He still harbors a lot of resentment for me not taking over the family business from my father.

Ryder: Shouldn't your father be upset?

Krystal: Ryder, my dad gave me his blessing to do whatever I pleased. I like to think that he really meant that, but I wonder whether or not I'm just some tool to overthrow my uncle.

Zhongli: Speaking of your father, is he in town, Krystal?

*Jian enters the parlor*

Zhongli: Jian?!

Jian: Hello, dear Jueyun brother. *does the greeting* Krystal, did your uncle enter Wangsheng Funeral Parlor moments ago?

Krystal: Yes.

Jian: What did he say to you?! Please tell me. I hope he hasn't challenged you to a duel.

Krystal: He said he's putting me on trial for my crimes in the "revolution".

Jian: How does he know about what you did in the revolution?! He could care less about the Battle of Little Liyue and the Raid on the University of Petrichor! He doesn't even read the Steambird!

Krystal: I-

Zhongli: One of the generals announced the reason why they were raiding Liyue Harbor. Not only did they want to arrest her, but they also wanted to intercept the letters you wrote to her, Ryder.

Ryder: No... so coming here was a mistake! *sweats heavily*

*Chef Mao bangs on the parlor door*

Chef Mao: JIAN! ZHONGLI! WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!! THE SITUATION IS GETTING WAY TOO INTENSE!

Jian: MAO! We are coming now! How are the kids?!

Mao: Xiangling, Hu Tao, and her friends are all hidden in the restaurant. Even your family friends from Inazuma are hiding there too!

Zhongli: What about Childe and the others?!

Mao: They are hiding at the docks! But get your a**es out here now GOD DAMNIT! People are literally dying out here!

Jian: Alright then. Let's go, Zhongli.

Zhongli. Right.

Ryder: I'm coming too.

Zhongli: No. You stay here and protect my goddaughter. If I see my goddaughter hurt in any way, shape, or form when I return then I WILL HAVE ORDER.