Chapter 21: Rally Prelude (Fontaine Archon Quest Part 3)

Scene: Krystal and her family return from Bianca's boutique. They return to Université de Fontaine to prepare for the rally. The Traveler and Paimon catch up with them.

Paimon: There you guys are! And, You brought Zhongli and Hu Tao as well!

Krystal: They came all the way here for my father.

Jian: Krystal, where's your mother? She was just with us a while ago.

*Krystal peers behind her father and sees her mother on the phone.*

Angelique (on the phone): You came early?! It is way too dangerous to step into Fontaine right now! Also why the hell did you bring friends along too?! They're going to get killed!

Ayato (on the phone): Auntie Angelique please-

Angelique: No buts! You should've waited to come to Fontaine when you were scheduled to come! Your hotel might get raided by the police, rebels, or even worse, crazy Capital City aristocrats! Young man, if I was your mother, I would've scolded you to high heaven!

Ayato (on the phone): A-Auntie Angelique, I'm so sorry. Our friends were attending the rally at the university and we thought we could tag along. But, may I please speak to Krystal?

Angelique: Fine. (to Krystal) Krystal! Ayato wants to speak to you!

Krystal: Ayato? What is he doing here?!

Angelique: I was thinking the same thing. Auntie Kayo must be spinning in her grave knowing that the siblings hastily arrived earlier than I requested. They're going to get entangled in some tricky situations in Fontaine. Especially in Petrichor! The hippies and the police brawls have now gotten out of hand. Also, regarding your hospital, Krystal, I heard the police did an inspection without consent and proceeded to trash the place as they were treating rebels. Be careful when returning to work at Bubu and at Petrichor General Hospital.

Krystal: Don't worry. I can fend for myself. I did not master three different martial arts for nothing. Please hand me the phone. I also want to check on Ayaka and Thoma.

*Krystal is given the phone.*

Ayato (on the phone): Hello, Krystal. I presume you are at the university now yes?

Krystal (on the phone): Yes. What's up with my mom getting so mad at you for coming early?

Ayato: She told me Fontaine has become too volatile to visit at the moment. But it was best to come as we are escorting a friend.

Krystal: Oh? Which friend is this?

Ayato: Arataki Itto.

Krystal: YOU MEAN THE PARTY ONI?!

Ayato: Not just him. His whole gang is here. They said they have been invited to speak at the rally on the importance of diversity in Fontaine and how it makes society thrive.

Krystal: AYATO YOU BETTER COME STRAIGHT HERE! Y'ALL ARE CARRYING CELEBRITIES! Tell the Shuumatsuban to drop your stuff at the hotel, but make sure you bring some clothes for you as well since you will be staying with us.

Ayato: Alright then. Ayaka, Thoma, say hello.

Ayaka and Thoma (on the phone): Hi!

Ayato: We will see you in Waterfall City. *hangs up*

Angelique: So he came with the guests for the rally?

Krystal: Yea.

Angelique: Oh boy. He really shouldn't have come. Now the Court will have eyes on him since he is the Yashiro Commissioner. Any wrong move he makes can result in an international catastrophe! Even though Inazuma has uplifted its decrees, their archon has bad blood with ours considering she kept some of our citizens secluded on the islands. Oh, dear. Let's hope Her Honor does not appear and deliberately drown him.