Bad Day

Bakugo's POV:

I wake up in hospital bed, with my arm in a thick, bulky cast. I wince slightly as my muscles groaned in protest to my sudden movement. Cursing, I glance groggily around the room as the events of the day before rushed back; me and that damn nerd Deku had tried to take down some low life villain alone and as much as I hate to admit it, we weren't able to hold him off. 

I frown as I remember Deku being thrown into the sky just before the villain's tentacles had whipped back to me - my mind went blank after that. I curse myself for being such a fucking weakling before I struggle to get up.

My whole body felt tight and rigid, as if it'd lost all its rhythm. Suddenly a cold pit formed in my stomach as I realised something was off - 

"WHY THE FUCK IS MY QUIRK NOT WORKING" I yelled, rage blasting through my veins as the door opened to reveal Aizawa Sensei with a touch of pity in his usually apathetic face as he explained and confirmed my worst fear; "the villain you and Midoriya faced off with had a quirk sucking ability. He wasn't able to suck Midoriya's but he did manage to suck yours and in the process: breaking your arm in multiple places." 

My fist curl before the reality of the situation put in its weight. "This better be temporary" I say forcefully. 

Aizawa Sensei sighed before answering; "fortunately yes, it is. You will get back your quirk in a few weeks or so maximum."

 I bolt up again, ignoring the pain in shooting through my body as I exclaimed; "FEW WEEKS OR SO? - "  Aizawa cut me off; "Be grateful it isn't permanent, I couldn't think of a better punishment for the both of you: the incompetent decision making you and Midoriya made is beyond foolish. you'll have to stay here at the hospital till you get it back so they can keep an eye on you. I'll send someone to give you the work you missed, get well soon." I feel as if my head's about to explode but before I could say anything more he walked out. 

"FUCKING HELL" I shout, kicking on impulse at the tray by the bed, making it fall with a loud "CLANG". I sit there steaming for a moment before the door opened again. I look up to see a girl around my age peering with disinterest written all over her face. 

"What's all the racket here?" She asks dryly. 

Not in the mood to answer idle questions from damn extras I give her a piercing glare before yelling; "MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS" to my surprise, she met my glare steadily with a bored expression. 

"Well since you don't feel like talking, are you gonna eat that?" She continues. 

I follow her gaze to the sealed red jelly cup on the floor that must've been on the tray that I kicked. For some reason I got all warm and dizzy, it must be the effects of my quirk getting sucked out... I think as the girl took my awkward silence as an answer and steps gingerly into the room. It was then when I noticed the hospital gown she was wearing, she must be a patient here I muse. 

"Ugh Whatever just get out you damn extra." I say angrily. I don't have an appetite anyway I think bitterly, what with my quirk gone...

Her eyes widen a fraction at my attitude as she stooped slowly and picked up the jelly cup. I've never felt so awkward as I notice her stiff movement, she must be injured too, should I help her? No, if she's well enough to poke her nose into peoples business then she'd be strong enough to be able pick something up. Still reeling over the temporary loss of my quirk, I sit back onto the bed, uncertainty clouding my mind, who am I without my quirk?

She took her time walking back out to the hall, the red jelly cup in her hand. She turned back to me with a pretty smile as she said; "my name's Y/n by the way."

 I crossed my arms before replying; "Tch! Whatever." 

"nice to meet you too" Y/n said with a vague smile, unaffected by my direct rudeness as she waved me her goodbye.

Tch, what an idiot, with that stupid smile and those shiny eyes ugh what a damn extra. Whether it was boredom or some weird quirk withdrawals, I couldn't get this strange girl out of my head for the rest of the day - either way it pissed me off.

The day just got worse from there: Shitty hair came with a shit load of homework along with a stack of get well soon cards and balloons from everyone. As if I need their pity, after Shitty Hair finally left, I was just stuck laying in a hospital bed or staring out the window. 

Just like I unfortunately predicted, the withdrawals of my quirk affected my vitals whatever the hell that means, so a nurse came in regularly to check up on me like I was some sort of baby. Ugh this is so degrading I fume to myself as the nurse left, I can't wait to get my quirk back. I admit, I had always took this for granted; even now I feel the emptiness inside me, a void only power - my power - can fill.

---Y/n's POV:

I exited the rude boy's room red jelly cup in hand, I strolled through the white sterile halls not even having to think about where I'm going as I think to myself; I overheard the boy and his Sensei talking, and judging from their conversation, I'm guessing he's from UA High, one of the most prestigious school in Japan... Impressive. A new wave of pain flooded my system, causing me to grasp at the walls and hunch slightly in pain. 

Fuck me dead that hurt... Anyhoo, it must suck to have a perfectly good quirk be sucked from you, I think, thinking back to their conversation as a distraction from the pain. Still grasping the wall, I continue forward, ignoring the pain with a frightening ease as I finally arrive at my room. 

"You need to stop taking off at random Y/n!" My doctor, Doctor Ban says exasperated.

I was back in my bed as my doctor stood over me, the light on his glasses blinding me, and his clipboard held in a threatening way as he ignores my pained expression and continues his lecture; "I mean, you are in the ICU (Intense Care Unit) for a reason!" 

I stiffen slightly, shooting him a cold look; "Exactly, I'm gonna die anyway, why can't you just let me be?"

Doctor Ban sighed, pushing his glasses further up his nose before answering regretfully; "Your parents put us in charge while they're busy. But don't be so melodramatic! You still have a chance!"

I roll my eyes but nod grudgingly, wanting this to be over and done with. Clearly apologetic, Ban clears his throat and exits without another word. 

Once he was gone I let a tear escape and roll down my cheek as I think, my parents... Forgot about them... I smile sadly before erasing any negative thoughts - negative thoughts do after all cause wrinkles and they're just not worth that- about them as I ease myself onto the window sill and stare out at the hospital park below me. Another bad day to add to the ever-growing list, I sigh, my finger lightly tracing patterns on the window. Little did I know that a certain ash blonde boy was thinking along the same lines.