Demons & Drugs

Y/n's POV:

The next day I debated whether Bakugo would come to visit, I mean after yesterday there's no denying our strange attraction to one another is now the proverbial elephant in the room. To be honest I doubt he would show up, I mean if I was in his position I wouldn't - but a bigger part of me hoped he would, but than what next? We become good ol' boyfriend and girlfriend? (Wishful thinking on my part) If there's anything I've learnt, its that my life is the farthest thing from a fairytale. Knowing me I'll probably die the next day after getting a fucking boyfriend, or they die than I die - I'm not being dramatic or bratty about my situation or anything; I've accepted it as my fate, but I just don't want to drag Bakugo into my train wreck of a life! He's got so much to live for, it would be selfish to associate him with me... 

I continue debating with myself through out the day, and when it came the time Bakugo usually comes, my stomach was a mess of nerves and ABC soup that probably expired last year. Fucking act normal Y/n you dumbass bitch I chide myself coz degradation imma right? 

I busy my hands by reading one of the romance mangas he left yesterday just to look chill, as if I hadn't been overthinking this moment all day no big deal. 
Bad idea.
The romance manga I picked up was a sad, tragic one, of course it is I think in dejected amusement at the irony of my life. He's probably not coming I think half-heartedly as I think in the back of my mind; hopefully reverse psychology works on the universe... Just as I thought he wasn''t gonna come, the door swung open to reveal - well what do you know, reverse psychology does work on the universe.

"Hey dumbass" a pleasant heat settles in my stomach at the sound of his familiar husky voice, its growly undertone sending quivers up my spine, good enough to put Morphine out of business I think dreamily before snapping back to reality.

"The rest of your mangas are there" I say, pointing at the pile of them I fixed by his chair.

Bakugo nodded in acknowledgement, ignoring the mangas and sitting in his usual spot before breaking the tense silence with his usual blunt ways; "Listen, there's no point in avoiding it so I'm just gonna say it. I don't know with you but I admit, I like you... And that's all I know." Despite my inner conflict, a warm and fuzzy bloomed in my chest as I notice how much effort he's putting in this by the clench in his jaw before he continues; "I like you so much sometimes, i-it kinda hurts. Don't let that get to your head dumbass, but it's the truth so I gotta say it." 

Done with his confession he sits back and takes a deep breath, as if it is now off his chest which I guess it is. Welp, guess it's my turn. I sit up and hug my knees to my chest before saying; "I'll be lying if I say I don't feel the same way, to be honest I've liked you for a while... B-but the thing is, that's the problem, I care for you too much to want you to be with me - my days are literally numbered, I live in a fucking hospital - like, you deserve so much better."

I take a deep shuddering breath, the pain my quirk is causing dimming in the light of this new kind of pain. Hah, and I thought I knew every kind of pain, I think. I watch Bakugo process this as he then replies with a sigh; "Yeah well if you had any experience you'd know that it's not exactly as if I had a choice to like you this much" he sighs heavily before continuing; "But if that's how you really feel than fine. I have too much respect for you even if you can be a little pigheaded sometimes" he added the last bit with a grim look as I smiled sadly.

"I'm gonna regret this decision of mine aren't I" I say wistfully. 

Another muscle in his jaw clenches as. he replies; "Probably. And when you do I'll be there to tell you I told you so, you can be sure of that"

Despite his light words, I sense a deep bitterness in his eyes and tone, making me take his hand in mine and say; "Soon you'll heal, and get released from the hospital, after that you'll be back on your path to become the #1 Hero..."