More Than A Pattern Sparks

Bakugo's POV:

Over the nest few days, Y/n would visit my room around the golden afternoon when that doctor of hers was busy, there we'd just hang out either in silence or she'd ask me all sorts of questions that I'll answer with a grunt or yelling. And instead of being put off or intimidated, she'd just laugh and brush it off like all the other insults I throw her way, that was our dynamic, that irritated me beyond measure, but also felt... nice I guess, most people are so sensitive it gets annoying after a while.

 I've been here a week and I have still yet to push her over the edge. Her expressions were limited to either indifference, goofiness or just playful annoyance, and I have yet to see her fully angry. Like jeez, what does it take for her to show any real emotions? This couldn't be healthy for her. 

Not that I'd ever admit it to anyone but myself, but I've come to looking forward to her visits. Guess that's where boredom gets you; stooping as low as tolerating some sickly brat. 

I couldn't help but think back to yesterday when Y/n caught me:

"Ohh! You like romance mangas? I do too!" A familiar voice had piped up from the doorway. 

"EVER HEARD OF KNOCKING DUMBASS? GET THE FUCK OUT" I had snarled, as I slammed the manga shut, my fists curling with rage. 

"Ok jeez take a chill pill" Y/n said apathetically as she breezes into the room completely disregarding me. 

I growl at her, I remember not knowing what to say as she had taken the romance manga from me and inspects it before exclaiming; "Oooo I love this one! Which part were you up to?"

Romance mangas have always been a favourite guilty pleasure of mine, no way I'm telling some dumbass, but I guess I can make an exception... I observed her suspiciously before reluctantly telling her. She listened in interest and started to talk about it as well until even I was caught up in a conversation with her. The corners of my mouth turn up slightly as I remembered. 

I watch the sun set, wondering where she was, is she not coming today? Probably not. I felt a little irritated at the fact, but I took it in stride and started to take all my doubts on working out furiously.

 ---Y/n's POV:

Doctor Ban stayed a little while longer than usual double checking my vitals or whatever he does, as I fidget impatiently. "Is there something wrong Doc?" I ask, he glances at me for a second before muttering a no and exiting without another word. 

How reassuring. I think dryly, I wonder what's wrong with me this time? Oh well, can't get any worse than this! After that reassuring thought (and mentally beating back the voice in my head pointing out that I've probably jinxed my luck), I hurriedly sneak out to Bakugo's room.

I wonder what we'd bicker over this time, I think idly, grinning as I reach for the door handle to his private room. To my utmost horror (of the best kind) my eyes immediately land on a shirtless Bakugo in the middle of a set of sit-ups.

My mouth slightly gapes as I scan his unbelievably toned arms, torso... Them chiseled abs... I gulp slightly. I feel my face heat up with embarrassment and awkwardness as I clear my throat and say as casually as possible; "keeping busy now are we?"

bakugo's head jerked towards me, his red eyes narrowing as he yells; "DON'T YOU EVER KNOCK YOU DAMN MORON" he gets up from the floor, all the while glaring at me. And call me crazy, but he seemed a little... Flustered? Hah you wish Y/n

I roll my eyes and retort; "oh come on, loosen up! You know I  do this all the time! Today wasn't any different - And, uhhh what are you looking at?"