Hostage

Bakugo's POV:

The agency we were using at the moment was a shit hole when we got there Monday morning, and after the whole class cleaned it up it still was a shit hole - the shit hole we've been living in for the past few days. Kill me now. 1A was given this task to act as professional pros in the area around UA, and so far there hasn't been any major things happening. Not surprising though, when the most prestigious school is literally a stones throw. 

"Heyyyy Bakubro!" Drawls Pikachu, plopping down next to me in the lounge area with a lazy smirk. I choose to ignore him coz why not? But he won't be that easily swayed. "Ohhh come on! Why the long face? You miss your girlfriend?" 

"SHUT THE FUCK UP DUNCE FACE OR I'LL SHUT IT FOR YOU" I yell in impatience, making him stumble away defensively; "Ok! OK! Jeez, speaking of which, when'll we meet her?" I start to stand up, making Pikachu hurry away, calling for Ears to save him, tch what an idiot. 

"Hey guys! The police called; we've got a bank heist in Ginko Bank happening right now with hostages" Called out Raccoon eyes from behind the desk with the phone pressed against her chest.

"How many hostages!?" asked fours eyes as all of us gather around. 

"eighteen hostages, five are employees, the rest customers." Raccoon eyes replied.

"All right everyone, split into your respective teams! Vanguard, Recon, and Back-up. Let's go!" Four eyes barks, setting us into motion.

The police are already gathered around Ginko Bank when arrive. An inquisitive crowd had also accumulated behind the tape, murmuring in worry that turned to relief when we got there. 

"Hello, I'm chief Matsu, the criminals haven't made contact yet, and we're still connecting to the secret security cameras hooked in there for emergency." The chief said to us without a moments waste.

"Good, who called the police?" Ponytail asked, her skin already producing a notebook to take notes on, Tch, what a nerd. 

"We got a call but no one answered it: we found this phone outside it seems whoever called went inside after dialling us" The chief handed Four eyes a phone in a bag. A cold pit in my stomach formed as I realised... I grabbed the phone and studied it, my worst fear confirmed - it's Y/n's. Shit. 

"Bakugo, you good?" I faintly hear Shitty hair ask, I ignore him and shove the phone back to Four eyes and advance on the chief; "WHY THE HELL YOU STANDING THERE FOR! GET THAT CAMERA CONNECTED" I yell in his face. He looks affronted before shoving me away with a stern look. 

"Bakugo control yourself!" Ponytail says.

"LIKE HELL I WILL. LET'S STORM THIS BANK AND OVERPOWER THEM" I know I'm rushing this, but I can't think straight with the thought of Y/n in there... I shook my head and follow them into a dark van filled with gadgets.

"Sir we've managed to establish a connection to the hidden security cameras inside;" one of the tech guys said, as an image of the inside of the bank appears on the screen. My breath hitches as I see the hostages lined up along the counters, I go over each of their faces, searching... The cold pit in my stomach turns icy as I spot Y/n with them. She looks surprisingly calm, and was holding a little boy in her her arms while what seemed to be his mother was on the other side.

"Do we have an audio?" Icy hot asks.

"No, just visuals." 

I breath deeply, barely holding myself from just storming the bank, if I do, there will be less chance of anyone coming out of this alive, I'm still not strong enough to keep everyone safe. I shake my head slightly, forcing myself to focus on what Four eyes is saying.

"All right, well we'll make contact with the them and gain knowledge of what they want. The more we learn about them the better, for now that's all we can do." 

I couldn't help but agree with him, but that didn't make it any better. I storm out of the van that seemed to be getting smaller by the minute, and step outside gasping for air. 

The noise of the crowd get's drowned by the ringing in my ears as the world tilted slightly and blurred, fuck I need to get my shit together, Y/n's counting on me. I start slightly as I feel a hand on my shoulder. 

"Hey man you good?" I turned sharply to find Shitty hair looking at me with a concerned expression on his face.

Not trusting myself to speak I just nod sharply. "You sure about that? Coz like back there you were really twitchy..." Shitty hair trails off as I scowl at him darkly. I hate how inquisitively he studies my face, about to speak before the van doors burst open to Deku who calls out to us; "Hey guys! Come on! We're talking to them now and they've agreed to release someone in exchange for a safe escape with the money!"

I hurry over back inside, Shitty hair jogging behind me as I join everyone else's discussion on who to bring out.
"We need to bring out that one girl! She's got a severe medical condition and this could kill her!" I butt into their pointless conversation. Y/n has to be the first to come out...

"What why her? If anyone it should be the kid and mom with her baby!" Argued Tape boy. 

"Yes Bakugo, how do you know she has a medical condition? If so what is it?" Backed up Four eyes.

I glare at them all; "Her quirk is destroying her from the inside, any amount of stress can be fatal. So quit wasting time, and fucking get her out already!" I yell, anger burning through my veins flushing out most of the fear.

Raccoon eyes cocks her head, realisation dawning on her face as she looks at me knowingly. 
"Mmh maybe we can send both her and the baby out..." The chief contacted the criminals again and explains our choice. I study the feed intensely, watching as the masked man talking to the phone goes up to Y/n, a gun in his hand. My blood boiling as I see him address her roughly. Come on Y/n... Shit. I see her shaking her head and gesturing to the kid in her arms instead. Shit shit shit Y/n! Come on, now's not the time to be noble! I hiss under my breath. 

"She seems to be denying our claim about her medical health" someone says. 

"Does it matter? Just get her out for god's sake!" I say impatiently. The sooner she gets released the sooner she'll be safe and I can do my job. 

"Bakugo. I don't know what's gotten into you but you need to think this through for once in your life!" Deku pipes seriously.

Enraged at Deku's bold words, I grab his collar ready to commit bloody murder, before I get held back by damn Shitty hair and Pikachu. 

"WATCH WHO YOU'RE FUCKING TALKING TO YOU GODDAMN NERD!" My voice fills the van satisfyingly loud. 

Our argument is interrupted by one of the tech guys swearing. "Shit! They found the camera and shot it. We're blind now." 

I take a deep breath ready to continue my case with more reason before Ponytail cuts in; "Bakugo! This is no time for this nonsense! Even you would know that this is a serious matter!" concern all over her face as she continues; "Maybe you should take a walk" everyone's nods infuriates me to the point where I can't even see clearly.

 I storm out back into the fresh air, searching for a wall - that should do- I bang my head on the hard brick of the building next to the bank, welcoming the pain as I curse my stupidity. If I had just kept a cool head for once... I grit my teeth, fuck this won't do, I gotta do something... I glimpse the mother with her baby running out of the bank with tears in her eyes, and instead of feeling relief, I feel even more hopeless. Y/n's still in there, and now that Four eyes and the rest have an inkling of my relationship with Y/n, they won't take my word seriously - I wouldn't if I was in their place, so I won't bother trying to work with them I think, deep in though. 

Suddenly, from my angle, I catch a glint of light flashing spasmodically from the windows of the bank... My mind flashes back to that time Y/n told me how she was so bored she learnt Morse code...Could it be? Shit, it is, I rummage around my pockets and find a piece of paper and pen. Ok, my Morse is a little rusty but... That flash of light right there... I could tell the message was being repeated and the thought that every second put Y/n in danger of discovery pushed me to go quicker. Hang in there Y/n, I'm getting you out.