Returning Favours

Bakugo's POV:

A few hours after Y/n collapsed, the doctor had updated me on her. It was all a blur but apparently this wasn't the first time this happened, and she'd soon be alright as long as she stayed rested or whatever. It's late at night as I sit by Y/n's bed in her private room in ICU, tubes of every size was stuck into her, and machines beeped all around us.

I study the dark circles around her closed eyes, she looks so weak, I think before shaking my head, despite her frail state and tough challenges no one should ever experience, to me she's the one of the strongest people I know... She's laying there, fighting for her life on the daily, while I'm here unable to even admit to myself that I've taken a liking on this girl. Tch. What kind of hero would I be if I can't even face my own feelings? Ugh, that wouldn't be manly... That's what Shitty hair woulda said...

I close my hand over hers, revelling at how small her hand was compared to mine. I've never felt so helpless, out there in the world of school, heroes and villains, I can blast into any situation and solve it with a few well placed explosions, but here, in this small world of white sterile halls - only made big and bright by this dying girl on front of me - I don't have any control over what might happen, and this thought haunts me all night.

-----Y/n's POV:

I wake up with countless tubes sticking out of me, I thought I was past this stage I think dejectedly, my mind mentally exhausted from the repetition and the haze of meds. I was in my room in the hospital, the kind reserved for the long term patients. A groan escapes my dry lips, as I try to move Bakugo steps into my sight with a concerned expression on his face.

"Oh hi" I croak awkwardly, trying not to think about how shit I must look while he's out here looking like a goddamn model. Why am I always attracted to people hotter than me? Like Fuck me dead. 

Bakugo looked at me for a moment, before clearing his throat in a similar manner and replying hoarsely; "Hey Dumbass. I would give you some of those get well soon bouquets, but I'm kinda stuck in this shithole with you"

I smile groggily, as I observe his unsure stance, sensing his anxiety, before saying; "It's the thought that counts, besides I'm kinda allergic to most flowers except those red ones - too pretty to be allergic from... Or were those sweets?... By the way, have I ever told you you looked pretty hot?"

A few years ago I might not have been brave enough to say that (even now this boldness might've been from the meds I guess we'll never know), but recent events have kinda taught me to just not pro long shit like this. If yesterday was any indication, I'd rather leave this life with no regrets, even if that means...Besides, it's just a compliment right? I just wanted to cheer him up! What could go wrong? A voice whispers in my mind; famous last words bitch... Shut the fuck up.

To my surprise (and satisfaction) Bakugo looks flustered for a moment before snorting and sitting back on the chair by my bed as he retorted predictably; "Wouldn't say the same to you. You look like shit L/n"

I couldn't help but snort in laughter, making him crack a small smile as I say; "Well jeez, I'm probably dying here, I'd think a little lie for the sake of comfort would fit in nicely don't you think?"

"Tch. No. But don't worry it's on the inside that counts" Bakugo says carelessly.

I frown, my brain registering his words even slower than usual - must be them meds after all. "So you're saying that I am cute?" I ask, my mind in groggy confusion.

"Tch. Hell nah you still look like shit." He snarled.

I snort in amusement, the wave of meds dragging me down; "Oh come onnn admit it! You want to kiss me, and hug me, and fuck me..."