Fearful Hearts

Bakugo's POV:

Where the hell is she? I think as I roam the hospital gardens in search of Y/n. Her doc said she'd be out here but... Ah there she is, god she's hot. She was sitting alone under a bare branched cherry blossom tree on a stone bench, a withered cherry blossom in her hands. I come up behind her and wrap my arms around, smirking as I feel her jump slightly before she recognised me and nuzzled back into me with a cute giggle.

"Missed you dumbass" I mumble, as I bury my head into her neck, drinking in her scent.

"Missed you too KitKat." Her pet name for me brought an embarrassed flush to my cheeks that I ignore since I've already given up on making her stop calling me that.  

"How was school?" She asks as I join her on the bench.

"Pretty swell - aced a couple of tests" I brag, making her snort. I frown, "what don't believe me? I still have the test paper" 

"Oh KitKat, you're the only one person I know who keeps test papers as future proof"
 I roll my eyes; "I'm the only person you know... Teddy Bear" I added the last bit with a smirk, waiting to see her reaction at the pet name I had just then picked out for her. She shoots me a hot glare, nose scrunching up to hide the blush as she says, her voice dripping in distaste; "Teddy Bear? Really? Come on, you can do better than that!" 

"What's wrong with that?" I say as Y/n stands up confidently and walks off with an easy gate that I study thoughtfully, she seems to be getting better these days, maybe there's hope for us... "Well first off its cringey and does not have any meaning" she explains slowly, making me growl. I bump my shoulder into hers as I catch up to her and say;
"Oh right as if 'KitKat' doesn't fit that criteria." - Again with the withering glare - "Mmh no meaning at all, I just came up with KitKat while high on meds right after blurting out that I liked you."

I frown, "Wait you did?" I ask, thoroughly confused. "Really? Y'know Katsuki, for someone so smart you really are pretty dense." Ok that's it. I scoop her up into my arms the way she likes it, making her squeal and struggle half-heartedly,
"Well first off you were high so I didn't even bother listening to half of the nonsense you were spouting. Second, I was too distracted by how you looked like shit - still pretty - but shit." 

Y/n stops struggling and finally lets me continue carrying her back to her room. "Aawww... Thanks I guess?" I grunt back in reply. Y/n, taking that as I suitable answer, snuggles perfectly into my arms as I bring her effortlessly to her room where I plop her onto the bed unceremoniously.

"So, what've you been doing to pass the time" I ask. 

She shrugs, "Nothing much, I've gotten so bored I've actually started to learn morse code"

I raise my eyebrows; "Random but ok."

"Also, how are your classmates?" She enquires idly, flipping through a random manga. 

"Losers, as usual" I reply shortly.

She shoots me a chiding look that I gleefully ignore. "So, anyone hitting on you there?" She asks innocently - too innocently - I instantly raise my eyebrows, holding back a smile as I say; "Why jealous?" Her reluctant protectiveness made her so much hotter as her wordless glare confirms it.
"No! I-I was just y'know..." she trails off, a glum look on her face that I swear was just made to make me so damn crazy.
 I plop down across her bed and peer into her face; "Don't worry, it's cute... Teddy bear" I say,
 just to get that cute ass glare out again - yup, that one - she rolls her eyes in defeat and and shoots back spitefully, as a last ditch effort to have the last word; "KitKat"
No way is she gonna have the last say, I think before growling softly; "Teddy bear"
and before she could say anything back, I wrap my hand around the back of her neck and pull her into a kiss.