15|| The Meeting

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, BLACKMAIL, MANIPULATION, CORRUPTION

Also!!!! This chapter is nearly 8000 words long. I wanted to write something super long for you guys to make up for my lack of updates <3 But this probably will take you about 30 minutes to read... Oopsies :P Go grab some popcorn or a snack or smth while you read :) <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Dream's P.O.V ~~~~

I hold my head in my hands and lean my elbows on my office desk. I'm glad Tommy is staying in his base in the SMP, I don't know what I'd do if I saw him. I gave him no explanation, nor did I plan to. Tommy was too much of a loose cannon, if he gave even the slightest hint that I was working with Seth or that he wasn't worried about exile I'd be killed. 

I groan and run my hands roughly through my hair, something I do a lot nowadays. Sometimes I do it so much that hair comes out in my hands. 

Seth was the most arrogant and sleazy bastard I'd ever seen in my life. His public image was so pristine that nobody saw through him even when it was so obvious. Women swooned over him and everybody wanted to make deals with his trades. The only reason he was such a fucking good merchant was because of the dark army. Without them, he'd be nothing. 

I want him to be nothing. I'd love nothing more than to squeeze the life out of him and watch it leave his eyes. He forced me to exile Tommy, thankfully Tubbo's solution was enough to pacify Seth in the meantime. But Seth wanted Tommy dead.  

I have no idea why, but the Dark Army had been targeting Tommy and Tubbo specifically. The two of them were major targets. I understood why they wanted Tubbo, he was the president of a young country. A prime subject of their expansion. But Tommy? It made no sense. 

Tommy was a prick, I wouldn't blame them if they were targeting Tommy for that alone. I shake my head and bang my fist on the desk. 

NO!

I need to get these thoughts out of my head. Everything Seth orders, he explains. Every move he makes is sensible and makes sense to me. I curse myself every day for seeing reason in the decisions he makes. He was turning me over, slowly but surely. I can't help but worry that maybe he'll get me. 

If I go deeper into the army I could get Y/N back. But if I go deeper, I could lose myself. Well, what pieces of myself I have left. 

I check the clock on my desk for what feels like the millionth time today. Finally, it was time. I pick up my mask and stare at it. Every time I wear that stupid mask, I feel like I'm betraying Y/N in some way. She hated me wearing it, she wanted the world to see me. But I couldn't let that happen, and now the mask was more important than ever. 

"Y/N, please forgive me," I whisper and strap the mask to my face. 

I steel my nerves and block off the passage of remorse in my mind. There was no room for error if I wanted her back. I open the door to the office and go to the meeting. 

~~~~ Y/N's P.O.V ~~~~

"Don't you think it's weird how focused Schlatt is on teaching me Greek mythology?" I ask Ranboo as I mindlessly strum on the guitar. Ranboo is sitting at the desk and I'm sitting cross-legged on the bed. Morning sunlight poured in through the windows and warmed up the floorboards. 

The guitar had become the best thing in my room, as well as the books on my shelf and flowers that Ranboo brings occasionally. I could mess with the guitar for hours and never be bored.