|| Halloween special ||

No TWs, only wholesome cutesy things for my ultimate return. (Yes I know I'm late Halloween was a month ago yes yes yes)

(Well there is some swearing and mention of drugs but it's lighthearted stuff)

I promise much Dream content.

Also, this is set after the events of the main story that I'm writing. THERE WILL BE NO SPOILERS FOR MY UPCOMING GRAND PLANS FOR THE PLOT OF THIS MASTERPIECE. Only cute cannon bits hehehe :)

(Hello to any new readers who have joined us on our journey of absolutely hacking through the lore of the DSMP because I am stuck in the past and really miss L'Manburg and lore).

<3 ENJOY <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I run my hand over Percy's broad back feeling his thickening slowly winter coat. All of the horses were starting to grow thicker with tufty fuzz to help keep them warm when the snow returned to coat the grasses in the meadow. I can't help but reminisce at that moment on the softness of Spirit's perfectly white winter coat.

I smile in the light of the Jack O' Lanterns I had lit and carved myself in an effort to get the house into a festive spirit. Halloween was one of my favourite holidays. Dream and I had already visited the nearby village that was absolutely teeming with Dia De Los Muertos festivities. We took Quackity with us as well as Shroud who Tommy has asked me to watch that day. Needless to say, we had an absolute blast!

I brush some hay off of my outfit. I had dressed as a witch for Halloween this year, Michael and Shroud insisted that I did. Well... Michael insisted but I could tell Shroud was excited too. Michael said it was because I had magic powers like witches do. I didn't have the heart to tell him that witches weren't truly magic. 

I had just finished saddling Percy for the journey when I nearly leap out of my skin. 

"BOO!" I squeal and am caught around the waist by two strong arms. 

"DREAM!" I gasp feeling my heart race in its cage of ribs. I feel Dream's body shudder with his cackling. I turn around in his arms and playfully smack his shoulder. It's only then do I realise he's not wearing his mask like usual. 

"Dream, why do you have a pumpkin on your head?" I question sliding out of his arms. 
"For Halloween! You were so fucking scared!" He chuckles. 

I do my best to hide my smirk as I turn back to Percy in silence and go back to putting on his reins pretending that Dream isn't there. 

"Aw I'm sorry," his voice is echoey from the pumpkin. I simply huff and finish bridling Percy. 

I feel a quick touch of warmth as Dream kisses my cheek forcing me to smile and letting me know he'd taken the pumpkin off. 

"You better not wear that thing at the party, Ranboo will literally shit himself," I smile at the thought. Ranboo would lose his mind if he saw Dream wearing a pumpkin on his head. I've never really understood his dislike for pumpkins. He'll eat pumpkin pie if I make it but he can't bear to look at the squash if it's sitting in a field. 

"I know, I won't wear it around him," Dream chuckles no doubt picturing the same thing that I am. 

"Do Sapnap and George still want to come?" I ask. 
"Yeah, they said they would come from Kinoko later," he replies and I nod. It was just Dream and I living in the house now. I won't lie, it's quiet sometimes and a little lonely without Sapnap and George.