Chapter 10

I quickly ran from the Port, trying desperately to remember where I landed my ship. As I ran, I pushed people over, bursting through crowds and disregarding everyone and everything. Soon, I was out of breath and I felt the hardening gaze of an old enemy.

                I turned slowly and there I saw Asajj Ventress standing up against a wall. She stepped out from the shadows.

                “What are you doing here?” I asked, igniting my lightsaber, but Ventress did not follow suit.

                “Following you, little pet.” She reasoned simply.   

                “So you’re not here to fight?” I asked.

                “I’m always up for a good fight, but I’m afraid I am here on other business.”

                “What kind of business?” I growled.

                “It doesn’t matter. What happened at the Temple? Did all your little Jedi friends finally realize how pointless their cause was?”

                I froze. The memory of seeing all the dead Jedi suffocated me.

                Ventress laughed. “Aw, you poor little pet.” She drawled.

                I looked up at her, feeling my body catch on fire. “I… hate… you!” I shouted as I ran for her.

Our blades crossed. “I didn’t want to do this today.” Ventress complained. I brought my lightsaber around but she blocked it effortlessly along with every other blow I sent.

                The world around me started to spin and I began to feel unsteady.  

                “You wanted a fight. Fight!” Ventress said.

                Something deep down gave me the strength to lift my lightsaber again. Suddenly, a comlink on her wrist flashed and she ran. I didn’t have the energy to follow her.

                “Coward!” I shouted, stumbling to the ground. All of the anger inside me made me weak. It paralyzed me.

                Before I felt my body meet the ground, warm hands slid under my shoulders and pulled me up. When I looked, I saw a kind looking woman. Before I closed my eyes, I noticed something on her belt. I thought it looked like a lightsaber.

                It was a lightsaber.