Chapter 28

When we touched down on Mygeeto, I could see Mika's eyes widen. Clearly she hadn't travelled off Coruscant much. I smiled at that. It was almost as if she was the purest among us. Of course, the wildest too, the youngest, and the boldest of us all. With those childish properties came the innocence in which she wasn't scarred by war. She wasn't a war torn child, she hadn't killed. She was still a kid and that was something I was jealous of. Although I unlocked my potential through the Jedi Order, I threw away my childhood, any thought of playing with friends was squandered by lessons in the Library, learning about some old, dead guys who supposedly helped better our galaxy. She still had that childish flare to her. Maybe she wasn't graced with hundreds of hours of studying like the rest of us. She was a gem.

"So this is Mygeeto," She wondered.

"I'm glad we have our snowsuits. It's awfully cold out there," Faven interjected, looking at the thermometer on the wall. It read a negative fifty degrees.

I sighed at that. I was definitely not tanning here.

"Do you think there are any Jedi here?" Mika asked.

Faven and I looked at each other, but didn't answer.

"Let's get our stuff on," I disregarded her question.

Mika nodded and put on the snowsuit I tossed her.

"We have to move fast, maybe find a hanger for the ship. It isn't equipped to deal with this type of weather." Faven noted.

I nodded and grabbed a backpack with food and water.

When we opened the door to the outside world, cold immediately stung my face. Snowflakes wrapped around me and suffocated me in my snowsuit. The confidence I had in the suit was now diminished, seeing how easily the deadly cold penetrated it. I shivered and took a step off the ship. When I touched ground, the snow crunched under my weight.

"It's so desolate. The Imperials will never find us!" Mika laughed, running around and dancing in the snow.

The girl fell to the ground and rolled in the snow, waving her hands and legs to make a snow angel. I shook my head and laughed. Something in me wanted to join her, but I decided to hold it back.

"We need to find shelter. It's going to get a lot colder soon. Night is coming," Faven said grimly.

I gulped, feeling colder by the second.

The wind started to pick up, and the snow swirled faster around us.

"It's a blizzard!" Faven screamed above the wind.

"Mika!" I shouted, running to grab her.

However, laser blasts started to surround us as I reached for Mika who was still marveling in her snow angel.

"Get down!" Faven yelled as loud as she could. However, her voice was swept away by the ravaging wind.

I threw myself on top of Mika and placed a gloved hand over her mouth to keep her quiet.

Faven started to crawl behind a snow bank and I followed. Mika followed also. Soon we reached an outpost after crawling for what seems like an unmeasurable amount of time. We all huddled together under the sheltered entrance to the door. There was a control panel on the side of the door.

I looked at Faven who was busy holding Mika, who was shaking desperately for warmth. She simply nodded and I pressed the button. It wasn't long before a camera shot out of the ceiling and surveyed us.

I looked at the camera as it was looking back at me and quickly covered up my lightsaber with my coat. Faven did the same to hers as the camera inspected her. I nodded slyly.

If this was a Republic outpost, that means clones would be here and they were out to kill Jedi. I couldn't take the risk, especially because we could have frozen to death.

The snow was sticking to my hot skin. However, it wasn't melting, it was piling up and drowning me. It made me heavy, maybe twenty or more pounds heavier than before all the snow. The wind wasn't helping either, it stung as it whipped at me from all angles.

I prayed that the door would open, and soon, my prayers were answered. The door opened, but in front of us stood a patrol of six clones, blasters at the ready.