Chapter 23

When we landed, I slowly threw a cloak over my body and carefully hid my lightsaber under it. Faven was nervously fumbling with her cloak and I smiled.

"Hey," I said, placing my hand on hers, which were trembling, "We are going to be okay."

"I know. Something doesn't feel right, though. Can't you feel it?"

"No," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe it's just the planet. This whole place if kind of creepy. Do you know what happened here?"

"Well this is just a part of Polis Massa. This whole asteroid field used to be one big planet, but it was wiped out by a mysterious force. The whole civilization that was here just vanished." I said, fearing I wasn't making her feel any better.

"Oh, cheery." She said sarcastically.

"Just keep your lightsaber close. Don't make it obvious we are Jedi."

"I won't. Don't do anything rash." She laughed nervously.

"Please, I'm not Anakin." She laughed and her laugh rang throughout the silent ship.

We both quieted after my comment, realizing the sadness behind it.

"Let's go," I said quietly.

"If we die," She started, but I held my hand up.

"None of that talk. Maybe it is motion activated like you said." I said simply.

She smiled. "Maybe,"

When we got out of the Transport, the small hanger was deserted. No one was there. If we said something, our words echoed through the empty halls.

"Creepy," Faven whispered.

I walked up the stairs which connected to other parts of the compound. There were dusty footprints that were shaped like a human's. They led to a control panel on the side of the wall. It was the wench to open the hanger doors.

"Faven," I whispered to her. She climbed the stairs and followed my voice.

"What?" She asked.

I pointed to the panel and she looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"They look fresh." She said.

"Let's follow them." I said quietly. She nodded and we slowly began to follow the footprints.

"Keep your lightsaber ready." She warned, but she didn't have to tell me that. I hid one hand under my cloak and tightly gripped the saber's handle.

We kept walking for what seemed like forever until the footprints finally stopped. They just ended in the middle of a hallway.

I followed the hallway and it led to a large room which housed several supply cartons. Faven was right behind me.

"Wait, stop." Faven said, grabbing my cloak.

"What?" I asked.

"Look," She pointed at a person, meditating in the middle of the supply piles.

"A Jedi?" I wondered quietly.

"Let's not find out." She started to walk backwards.