Chapter 12

ITALICS REPRESENT FLASHBACKS!

Faven somehow managed to steal a cozy Republic Transport from the Docks. It was small but had two living quarters and a nice lounging area. It reminded me of the time I spent with Ahsoka on the Transports for our duo missions without our Masters.

There was one mission where we needed to bring relief supplies to the people on Utapau. We were by ourselves for the first time. I had been a little wary of Ahsoka because I had just convinced her to come back to the Temple and she was already on relief missions.

We didn't talk for a while until she brought up my past.

"So, tell me about yourself?" Ahsoka said curiously.

I looked up cautiously. No one knew my past, I wasn't even sure I knew my past. "There's not much to tell." I said.

"Look, Andora," Ahsoka started, "We are wandering aimlessly through Hyperspace. We've got a long way to go until we reach Utapau."

I sighed. "My parents abandoned me when they knew I was Force Sensitive. They thought I would be too much to handle... and they were right. The Temple was my home since I could remember. I was familiar with Master Kenobi, but I was pretty sure he didn't know me."

"My parents abandoned me too." Ahsoka said. "My tribe on Shili raised me."

"I didn't have that luxury." I commented.

She looked at me, a glisten in her eyes, as if she were about to cry. I let a tear slide down my cheek and she moved to embrace me. She was so warm and comforting. I smiled and let my face rest on Ahsoka's shoulder.

"You ready, Icara?" Faven said. I was standing outside the Transport. I snapped out of my nostalgia and looked at her, smiling.

"Hey. You okay?" Faven said, resting a gentle hand on my shoulder. I just shook her hand off and looked at her.

"Yeah, fine. Let's get going." I said, boarding the Transport.

"The Transport is still a Republic ship so I rigged it. They won't know we took it." She smiled at her handy work proudly.

"Good. Where should we go?" I asked, looking at her icy eyes.

"I was thinking Tatooine. It's all smugglers and traders. We could fit in there, make a living and also help those who are bribed by smugglers. It could be like an inside job. No one knows we are Jedi."

"That's a good idea." I lied. I didn't want to go to Tatooine for the exact reason she stated. All the smugglers could easily figure out who we were. If my missions have taught me anything, it's that smugglers are the best people to pick out Jedi in a large crowd.

"Alright. I'll set the autopilot. Meet in the commons in fifteen?" I nodded and headed to my quarters.

The room was empty. I laid down on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. When I closed my eyes, I saw her.

"Utapau is a strange system." Ahsoka said. We had just finished delivering the relief supplies and now we were headed back to our ship.

"Yeah," I commented lightly.

"Hey. What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's nothing. Master Kenobi said he had a mission waiting for me when I return. I hope it's one that he and I will go on together. I'm really learning a lot from him."

She smiled. "So you're not learning a lot from me?" She asked.

"No!" I said, trying to correct my slip up. "I love missions with you, it's just, Obi-Wan is my Master and I would like to start learning some new lightsaber techniques."

"I get it."

"You do?" She nodded.

Suddenly, she ignited her two sabers and swung at me. I ducked and ignited mine.

"What are you doing?" I screamed.

"Teaching you some lightsaber technique!" She responded and swung at me again.

There was a sudden knock at my door.

"Icara?" I heard Faven say. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, opening the door. "I was just resting for a second. Sorry," I added.

"So. Let's discuss some plans." We headed off to the commons.