Chapter 5

Anakin soon left the Temple and the clones followed behind. They headed for my direction, the main entrance. I closed my eyes tight and plastered my body to the pillar.

It felt like hours had passed. I opened my eyes slightly and glanced around when all the pounding footsteps faded.

It was quiet and growing dark. I pulled out my lightsaber and threw myself from the pillar. Landing in the center of the hallway, my lightsaber was the only source of light. The saber glowed its blue shade.

It was suddenly cold. It was colder and colder as I kept walking. I hurried past the Library and into the quarters. I hadn't seen any fallen Jedi on my way; most were in the corridors and hallways of the main entrance. However, I almost tripped on old Jedi cloaks. They looked like Master Kenobi's.

I started to breathe hard and I felt the tears stinging my eyes. It couldn't be my Master's, it couldn't. I slowly started to approach the corridor where I knew his room was. Slowly, I opened the door. It creaked loudly and echoed through the vacant halls.

I breathed a deep, long breath. Closing my eyes for a brief moment, I pushed open the door fully. Upon opening my eyes, I found a blue lightsaber blade that was centimeters away from my face.

"Wait! Stop! I'm a Jedi!" I tried not to shout, but I couldn't help myself.

"Shhh," I immediately pursed my lips and quieted. I held up my lightsaber to give me light and I noticed the pale blue eyes, the golden beard which looked extremely disheveled and a new pale white skin tone, apart from his normal complexion.

"Obi-Wan?" I breathed.

"Andora," He whispered.

"It's me."

"It's you. Anakin said you left." I nodded gravely.

"It's true. After the um... um... Ahsoka's death, I couldn't stay."

My old Master sighed. "I understand. I've lost friends too, and fellow Jedi."

"She wasn't my friend. She was like my sister."

"It's time to let go. Attachments lead you to the Dark Side." He placed a hand on my shoulder and I shrugged him off.

"Then let me go to the Dark Side!" I shouted. He hushed me.

"You don't mean that."

I looked to the dark floor. "You're right, I don't." I sighed.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I was looking for-" I stopped. I couldn't tell him I was concerned about him, that would just lead to more questions about why I left when I cared about my Master.

"I was checking to see if the Jedi were alright. My sources said that a cloaked figure and clones were marching up the Temple steps."

Obi-Wan looked troubled. "It's Anakin. He's trying to save Padme." I looked up.

"Wait... Padme and Anakin are..." I let my sentence trail on but he shortly finished it.

"Married, having children, yes," My mouth fell open.

"I knew it." I said but I was lying.

"We all did. He's not a very good liar and he's not very good at hiding secrets or emotions."

"An emotional Jedi, that's something you don't see every day." I laughed and he smiled.

"We should leave." He said, standing up.

"Wait, why are you here?" I asked, realizing his appearance at the Temple was just as curious as mine.

"I felt the disturbance in the Force right away. I came as soon as I felt it safe. When I got here, all I found was dead Jedi and some straggling clones. Anakin was speaking with the Chancellor."

"How do you know that?"

"I became one with the Force a long time ago, Padawan."

I breathed in and out at a steady pace. "You're right. We should leave." I shot up and started to walk out.

"Stop," My Master commented briefly.

"What?" He held a finger to his lips and quickly pulled me inside the quarters. I heard footsteps approaching.

"We need to scan all the rooms. General Skywalker said he felt a strong sense of the Force here." I heard Echo say. I gulped.

I quickly glanced at Kenobi. He had his lightsaber ready and I steadied my blade. When the door to the quarters was opened, I swung wildly at the intruders. All I felt was pure hate and rage. I didn't care that I was taking lives. All I cared about was revenge for them killing all my Jedi acquaintances.

"Andora!" Kenobi shouted. I kept slicing until I felt all the life vanish in front of me.

I put my lightsaber on my belt and raised my head up to look at my Master. "Let's keep going. We can't get stopped dead in our tracks."

I started to walk forward, but Obi-Wan's arm pulled me back.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Surviving," I replied boldly. He raised his eyebrows.

"You can't just slaughter innocents."

"They aren't innocent. They killed Padawans, younglings, experienced Jedi! You call that innocent?"

"I believe Chancellor Palpatine is using a sort of mind control."

"So what? They killed. I'm leaving so I don't end up like the other Jedi here. I have a safe haven just outside the Temple walls. You're welcome to join me." I started to leave.

"I don't know who you are anymore. I never taught you to kill innocent people... even clones."

"You never knew who I was. I am different now. I am better." He took a deep breath.

"I have truly failed you. I let you fall just as Anakin fell, and it's my fault."

"Goodbye Master."

"Goodbye Andora."

"What? No 'goodbye Padawan, may the Force be with you'?"

"A Padawan of mine knows how to control their emotions, save the innocent, and respect the life of all, even murderers. You're no Padawan of mine." I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

"Goodbye Andora. May the Force be with you."

I looked down, ashamed. "Goodbye Obi-Wan Kenobi."