𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝕺𝖓𝖊| 51

"Reece, can I ask you something? But promise me you won't get upset," Nicole said as she ran her fingers through Reece's hair while he laid his head in her lap. He was half asleep. Still, he looked up at his wife with a small smile.

"What is it?"

"I was in the graveyard the other day, and I noticed that your great-great-great-grandfather and the ones before him have the Maclean symbol on their headstones, but your last name is Gordon. Did they fight on opposite sides?"

"You know a lot about Scottish history. I know they didn't teach this in your American schools... I have nothing to get mad for. Yeah, my family's surname was Maclean before Gordon. My great-great-grandmother married a Gordon and got disowned by her family but ended up inheriting Maclean lands and fortune. But I have a feeling that isn't what you wanted to know," He said, finally sitting up in the bed. So, as he did, Michael and Nailah sat up and crawled over into his lap. Reece smiled, kissing them on the forehead.

"Spoil."

"And it's your fault," Nicole laughed, making him roll his eyes kissing them again.

"Your father, why doesn't he have the Don's symbol on his headstone?"

"He didn't deserve it... Look, Nicole, I really don't want to talk about this, but I know you won't leave it alone. You remember when I told you that we believe my father knew was our stepmother was doing?" He said as she nodded. "Before announced that he was handing the title over to me, he called me to his office. His peace offering for all the trouble we when through. You know I didn't have to get abused or any of it. I put myself in that position to stop some of the shit happening to my brother's. The woman would never do what she did to Greg to me. The burns alone do shit to your mental. But he knew. He knew that she was beating his children all but Alice, and how she denied his deaf and mute daughter to learn as she needed to. He did nothing. On top of if it, I think that Alice was in on it," Reece said, shaking his head.

"I was going through some papers while you were missing and found out that Alice and that no good son of my stepmothers was supposed to marry. When he became Don, that is why she was so fucking mad that he gave the title to me. I just want to know why in the hell would he arrange a marriage between stepbrother and sister. That shit was nasty. Anyway, that man didn't deserve to be remembered as Don. He was my father, and I had already planned to kill him and her, but she beat me to it. She killed him, and I killed her and her bitch ass son. Now you know the full story. Now it's your turn. How long was your father actually beating on you? And did he beat your mother?"

Nicole stared at him for a long moment before removing Michael from his lap, kissing the little boy's cheeks causing him to giggle. "He did, but I think my mom liked it. She used to do shit just to make the man hit her. For me, the beating started right after my mother passed. I mean, right after before then, he would doing anything for me. My Mom death did something to him. He was always a dope head and a drunk, but I was his princess. I think that's why it was so hard for me to leave him. I was scared, hurt, but still Daddy's little girl. So, I stayed like a damn fool and allowed him to tear me down," Nicole sighed.

"Why you asked?"

"I heard to talking to X and his Mom, and it got me to wondering. Baby I don't think your Mother like to get beat. She was protecting you. You sure he didn't kill your Mom? And did you see your Mom's dead body? I'm not going to ask you about the other stuff because I heard enough to understand. Your brother wants to spend some time with you today, and Vince thinks he has a lead on your little sisters. He found a Jamiyah and Mykia Jones. The same people adopted both, but he is pretty sure they are your sisters. He's hacking the adoption agency records as we speak." Reece said, making Nicole smile.