11

I keep my mouth covered hiding my amused expression from their view. I glance over and catch Kent's eyes once again. Why was he staring at me so intensely? Had I looked at Ayden to long?

I look away and lean forward putting my elbows on my knees. My white button up shirt is definitely stained. I have the sleeves rolled up and see wear the overalls Kent had given me. My gun dig into my side as its not clipped on properly. I yawn slightly and feel another soft tap to my back. I look back at Ayden who holds a shy expression.

"Um are you tired?" He asks skeptically and I look away with a nod.

"Haven't been sleeping that well. I need to refill my prescription," i respond nonchalantly but i hear him gasp. He looks at me with wide eyes as i glance back at him. I raise an eyebrow.

"So your not okay?" He asks in a cute worried voice. I chuckle.

"You're a doctor, you should know that doesnt mean I'm not okay," I respond and smile softly, "I have insomnia and night terrors, its just prescribed sleeping pills basically."

I didnt really care if people knew. It was actually expected for a veteran to have some form of PTSD. I get night terrors and sleep paralysis when i do sleep so I unconsciously gained insomnia in a way to stop it.

"I see," he looks at with a sad frown and I sigh. I hesitate putting my arm out to console him but stop and look up at Kent whos staring at me curiously. I retreat my hand decide that words would have to do. I dont want any conflict.

"You're a caring guy Doc, but I'm seriously fine," I state trying to muster a kind smile. He stares at me for a second before nodding.

"Night terrors are usually caused by traumatic events," he says in a soothing voice as if trying to to scare me away. I furrow my brows before realizing he doesnt know.

"Oh yea, I was in the Marines. I was deployed three different times, I spent my time in therapy, not that those prejudiced assholes helped other than diagnosing me with PTSD," I respond waving away his concern. He was to nice. People could easily take advantage of him.

"Oh! Oh, uh thank you for your service," he stammered awkwardly. I mean back in the couch and repeat Sam and Timmy's previous position. I look up at the ceiling where red pipes wind everywhere.

"I don't like being thanked for my time, I didn't do it to be thanked," I breath out tiredly. It was true. It just made me feel like an object. People thanking me for risking my life. I did it because I wanted to help someone. Because i wanted a purpose.

"That's so sexy," Ayden whispers and I snap my gaze at him to see him staring at me almost dreamily. I look uo at Kent with wide eyes and find him just smirking wildly. He raises his finger to his lips to shush me before speaking.

"He is, isn't he?" He whispers right next to Ayden's ear. Ayden nods his head still lost in his head. I look around around awkwardly, "what are you thinking about?"

Ayden exhales with his eyes on me, "men with a sense of justice are so hot."

I choke out an awkward cough and sit up looking looking anywhere but them. Until i hear Kent burst out laughing. I see Ayden looking at him weirdly.

"Babe, he just heard all that," Kent says in between breaths and Ayden looks at him curiously. He must have really been in his head, "you admitted you think he's sexy straight to his face."

Ayden's head snap to me and when I shift my eyes away in slight embarrassed. He stands up with a shocked expression, "excuse me."

"Where are you going?" Kent says with a grin and Ayden doesn't even look at him as he answers.

"To use one of the firehouse hoses to drown myself," he says before trying to walk away. Kent grabs his arm and pulls him back down on the couch. Ayden groans and buries his face in his hands with a bright red blush, "I'm so sorry, if i- I insulted you."

"What? Insulted? Why would I be insulted by a compliment?" I question weirdly in confusion. He peeks up at me through his fingers.

"Because it was a guy who gave the compliment," he responds and my eyes go wide in realization.

"You think I'm straight. That makes so much sense. I was wondering why Kent wasnt more concerned with your little confession. I get it, its fine, dont worry about it," I answer with a smile and sit back again comfortably.

"You're bot straight?" I look over at Kent with a slight frown.

"You can continue to think i am, I don't like unnecessary conflict," I say with a nod and he gives me a raised brow.

"Is that why you wouldnt look at us for longer than a few seconds?" He asks and I shrug.

"I guess, I fight enough in my day to day to life. I dont need to bring it into normal conversations," I respond with a sigh. I lean back again and frown, "speaking of which, when will I be able to check out the other buildings?"

I glance over when i dont hear a response just to see Kent staring at me intensely. Ayden is trying to cool off his red face. Kent tilts his head at me before scratching the side of his head quizzically.

"Lets go now, I'll escort you through the building for the safety measures," Kent says as he stands up still wearing a confused expression. I stand up as well and step away when Ayden stands up. Kent bends down and gives Ayden a soft kiss. I look away to give their intimate moment some privacy.