chapter thirty-three

*bee beep bee beep bee beep*

What the fuck?

*bee beep bee beep bee beep*

Where am I?

*bee beep bee bee-*

I hunched over from wherever I was and searched around in the darkness for my phone. When I found it, I checked the time and cringed at the sight.

It's four in the morning?

I turned on my flashlight and upon doing so, I sighed in relief upon noticing that I'd just fallen asleep in my front room on the couch and that I wasn't kidnapped. I looked around with my flashlight and saw Soojin standing in front of the microwave, resetting the timer.

That's what that noise was.

"Are you serious right now?" I asked her groggily, turning my flashlight off and groaning.

"I'm making a hot pocket," Soojin shrugged innocently. As annoyed as I was at being woken up at such an ungodly hour, I had to admit, she looked pretty cute.

"That's fine but can you do it without waking me up?" I rolled my eyes, although she couldn't see me.

"Sorry," Soojin mumbled.

I turned my flashlight back on and watched my footsteps as I tried to find the staircase.

"Where are you going?" Soojin asked me.

"To bed, where you should be," I chuckled.

"I never see you around anymore, I've missed you," Soojin pouted. I wanted to go up the stairs. I wanted to ignore her and pretend like she wasn't there.

"Yeah?" I asked her, tilting my head.

Fucking hell.

"Yeah, you're never around anymore," Soojin pouted once more, waddling over to me and pulling me in for a hug.

Why is this girl so adorable sometimes?

I hesitantly hugged her back, taking in her scent of coconut and vanilla. I wanted to let go of her, but I couldn't. I let her do it instead.

"I know, I've just been busy with school and model-training," I lied. It wasn't a full-lie; of course I was busy with these things. I just didn't want to see her.

"When are you going to make your modeling debut, anyway?" Soojin asked me, walking back out to the kitchen when the microwave started beeping again.

I checked the date on my phone - November 6th, "I've got about two months. In January I'll begin modeling Gucci's spring-summer collection."

Soojin clapped her hands together in excitement, "That's amazing news! Do they want you to become a brand ambassador, or something? That would be so fucking cool."

"I don't know if I'm allowed to disclose that," I chuckled nervously.

"Oh, come on. I live in your house," Soojin rolled her eyes. "Just tell me!"

"I've received more offers than just Gucci, so I'm not sure what to do.." I trailed off.

"Are you kidding? That's fantastic!" Soojin exclaimed, running over to me and hugging me once more.

"Why are you so giddy?" I asked her.

"What, so I can't be excited without being on something?" Soojin scoffed with a sly smirk on her face.