chapter twenty-four

"You need to look at what I just found," Soyeon said, pulling me out of my homework-trance.

"What is it?" I asked her, letting go of my pencil.

Soyeon crawled across her bed and sat across from me, holding her phone out for me to take. I grabbed it from her hand and gasped upon seeing the picture she was showing me. It was a picture of Chenghan and I hugging on the floor in our hallway, posted by my mother.

"That's so fucking weird of her," I said, cringing at the sight before handing Soyeon's phone back to her. "That was a really private moment."

"I feel uncomfortable," Soyeon said, grimacing as she turned off her phone.

"When did she post that? I didn't get the chance to look," I said to her.

"A half hour ago and it's already gone viral," Soyeon said, cringing as she did so.

"I need to call my brother," I said, standing up and getting off of her bed.

"Okay," Soyeon said.

I walked out of her bedroom and down the hall before asking Siri to call him instead of going to my Phone app.

Chenghan picked up his phone, "What's up Choo-Choo?"

"I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear that and just tell you to check Mom's Instagram right fucking now," I said to him.

"I'll go look," Chenghan said and presumably checked her profile. "Oh my fucking God, you've got to be kidding me. She saw that?"

"Yeah, I fucking know! I'm pissed!" I shouted, moving my phone away from me before doing so.

"That was a private fucking moment! Han exclaimed. "I'm going to go deal with this, don't worry about it. I'll call you later, just focus on your homework, okay?"

"Thank you, Bubby," I said, re-using my childhood name for him.

"Of course, Baby Bear," Chenghan responded to me, returning my energy by using his nickname for me.

I shoved my phone in my pant-pocket and trudged back to Soyeon's room with a disappointed frown on my face. I walked into her room and shut the door behind us, plopping on her bed and returning back to my work.

"I'm sorry, I'm slow, can you explain to me what it is you're working on?" Soyeon asked me. "I'm watching you work right now and it's really stressful because I have no idea what the hell you're doing."

"Oh, I'm doing extra-credit Physics assignments," I said, a shy smile on my face. Thank God she isn't taking about that post, this girl is a life-saver.

"What are the assignments on?" Soyeon asked me.

"Oh, they're about quantum mechanics," I said, nodding my head at her as I returned to my work.

"What's quantum mechanics?" Soyeon asked me. "Please don't think I'm stupid."

"I don't think you're stupid," I chuckled. "Quantum Mechanics is a fundamental theory in physics that provides a description of the physical properties of nature at the scale of atoms and subatomic particles, incorporating the concepts of the quantization of energy, wave-particle duality, the uncertainty principle, and the correspondence principle."