chapter thirty-four

"Sage, my baby, my love, my light, my leisure-,"

Sage cut me off, "What do you want, Sugar Bunny?"

"Do you have a dab pen right now, by chance?" I asked her, pouting my lips and leveling my phone with my face.

"Are you serious right now?" Sage gawked at me. "You're hitting me up for this?"

"Soyeon and I are bored and we don't have any," I said, giving her my best attempt at puppy dog eyes. "I've never asked something like this before."

"First of all, did you just say Soyeon? Second of all, why don't you just ask Soojin," Sage asked me. "Also, I know you're not using me so don't even bother with that."

"Okay, one, yes, I did. Two, she's hanging out with someone right now and I really don't want to talk to her," I whined.

"If Soyeon's there, I'm on my way," Sage chuckled.

"You're really only coming over here because Soyeon's here?" I huffed.

"What? I've always wanted to hang out with her," Sage said, shrugging. Soyeon popped her head into the frame and waved at Sage, causing her to blush like a child.

"Okay, I hate you," I said, hanging up the phone with my middle finger in the air.

"Is she coming?" Soyeon asked me, tilting her head in confusion.

"Yeah, she's definitely coming," I smirked at her, then giving her a kiss on the cheek. I placed a hand on Soyeon's inner thigh and I leaned over to whisper in her ear, "You're just dying for me, aren't you?"

Soyeon moaned softly at the feeling of my breath on her neck and she whispered back to me, "I am, but I can't-,"

"Why?" I asked her, trickling a finger up and down her blouse.

"No." Soyeon said firmly.

I sighed dramatically and asked, "Are you ever going to touch me?"

"Not until you know for sure that I respect you without your clothes off," Soyeon said to me, grabbing both of my hands and setting them down on my lap.

Soyeon and I heard my dad clear his throat as he entered the front room and she said to him apologetically, "I'm so sorry you had to hear that."

"You know what, kid?" My dad said to her, pointing a finger. "I like you."

Soyeon sighed in relief, "I thought you were about to drag me out by the ear."

"You're funny," My dad chuckled to himself as he exited the room with a small smirk on his face.

"Okay, he scares the shit out of me," Soyeon whispered to me, causing me to laugh. "He's welcoming with his words but his aura is threatening."

"You don't think I know that?" I remarked. "He has a strange personality and his sense of humor is weirder. We got in somewhat of a fight not too long ago and I made a comment about how he'd lost his eccentricity but I was totally bullshitting, he's still got it."

Soyeon turned her head away from me and said, "Hey, I think I can see Sage pulling in, I think. Do you give all of your friends the code to your gate?"

"Just my friend group," I said, shrugging. "I know none of them have any reason to rob me."

"What makes you so sure?" Soyeon raised a brow.

"Aurora's mom is an actress and her dad is a urologist, Sage's mom is a plastic surgeon for the stars and her step-dad is a CFO, Liam comes from old money, and Oliver's mom is a neurosurgeon," I said to her.